More Kitchen Toys!!

My builder worked with SEARS (20 years ago), and I went to a special showroom to pick out my kitchen appliances. I went basic Kenmore for my cooktop and oven (hob and cooker), and microwave. Kenmore was once a premium brand. The fridge I just replaced was a Kenmore -- and 26 years old! I went with Bosch dishwasher, because they are so quiet. I have to stand in the kitchen to hear anything at all, and it's not much. With an open plan house, quiet is crucial.

My new fridge/freezer is GE (General Electric). They got Consumer Reports "Best Buy" rating. Very high scores in every category. I need to post a new kitchen picture, once I get the kitchen back to normal clean and tidy levels.

CD

I was a Bosch agent for 20 years. Power tools but when we visited their head office 20 years ago, they said we could buy Bosch at wholesale. We ordered two, one for my brother and one for me. Quiet as and a good machine. I only replaced it about two years ago. The new one is Chinese and a p.o.s.
My fridge freezer is a double door with water,,crushed ice and chunks of ice.
It's a maytag and apart from a small problem I had is excellent.

Russ

It's here! I'll try it tomorrow.
Image from iOS (137).jpg

Image from iOS (136).jpg

I had a springform pan for about 15 years, never even took it out of the box, and finally sold it in a yard sale.

Since then, I've seen several things I've wanted to make that should be done in a springform pan, so I finally got one today.

I had a springform pan for about 15 years, never even took it out of the box, and finally sold it in a yard sale.

Since then, I've seen several things I've wanted to make that should be done in a springform pan, so I finally got one today.

I had one too and also got rid of it. I make cakes so rarely that it didn't earn its keep.

I had one too and also got rid of it. I make cakes so rarely that it didn't earn its keep.
It's just weird, because when I think "springform pan," all I come up with is "cheesecake," and there are bakeries around here who do perfectly wonderful cheesecakes, so I never really felt the need.

Then, the last few years, looking through cookbooks, and I'd see something that looked nice, and I'd look at the directions, and they'd say, "1. Butter a springform pan..." 💩

Of course, you can make most things in either a standard cake pan or a pie tin, but you lose out on the presentation, but I found one on clearance and bought it.

Now if I could just find a marked down tart pan. I googled "cheap tart near me," but didn't see a pan among the results!" :p:

Just got a half-sheet pan from Pampered Chef. Yeah, their stuff is waaaay overpriced, but it (maybe?) helped out a friend, and I needed one.

Usually, I judge bakeware by its weight, and this thing is heavy!

I went to grab that pic from their website, and they're now out of stock. Yay for me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom