Recipe Mr. Herbaceous’ buffalo wings

Herbaceous

Local time
1:24 PM
Shortly after we got married, my husband decided that he wanted to perfect his chicken wing recipe. What followed was a summer of consuming far more chicken wings, cooked in far more ways, than any human reasonably should. This is the recipe he landed on.

These will make fairly hot wings. For milder wings, decrease the hot sauce and increase the ketchup and butter.

Ingredients:

Mayonnaise
Sour cream
Crumbled danish blue cheese

2-4 lb split chicken wings
1 bottle Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp butter

Mix equal parts mayo and sour cream. Add in the blue cheese crumbles to taste. Add a bit of water to thin to desired consistency.

For the wing sauce, mix Frank’s red hot, ketchup, and butter in a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer while you cook the wings.

For the wings: heat your barbecue as hot as it will go. Make sure it’s good and hot. Cook the wings, turning as necessary. They’ll get really crispy on the outside - a bit of charring is good.

When the wings are done, dunk them into the sauce to coat. Serve with the blue cheese dressing (NEVER serve ranch with buffalo wings, or I will give you a talking-to). Serve hot and enjoy!

IMG_8895.jpeg

IMG_8890.jpeg

IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8875.jpeg

Shortly after we got married, my husband decided that he wanted to perfect his chicken wing recipe. What followed was a summer of consuming far more chicken wings, cooked in far more ways, than any human reasonably should. This is the recipe he landed on.

These will make fairly hot wings. For milder wings, decrease the hot sauce and increase the ketchup and butter.

Ingredients:

Mayonnaise
Sour cream
Crumbled danish blue cheese

2-4 lb split chicken wings
1 bottle Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp butter

Mix equal parts mayo and sour cream. Add in the blue cheese crumbles to taste. Add a bit of water to thin to desired consistency.

For the wing sauce, mix Frank’s red hot, ketchup, and butter in a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer while you cook the wings.

For the wings: heat your barbecue as hot as it will go. Make sure it’s good and hot. Cook the wings, turning as necessary. They’ll get really crispy on the outside - a bit of charring is good.

When the wings are done, dunk them into the sauce to coat. Serve with the blue cheese dressing (NEVER serve ranch with buffalo wings, or I will give you a talking-to). Serve hot and enjoy!

View attachment 110656

View attachment 110657

View attachment 110658

View attachment 110659
You're going to have to lecture me about ranch dressing, because I hate blue cheese. The wings look amazing, however.

You're going to have to lecture me about ranch dressing, because I hate blue cheese. The wings look amazing, however.
Alright, I’m coming over for a lecture! 😛

The whole no-ranch-on-wings thing is a silly part of the Buffalo Bills fandom. We joke that when someone joins the fandom, they have to swear off ranch on wings, and then jump through a folding table (which may also be on fire). We football fans can be an odd bunch.

I will say though, I was very annoyed once when I ordered a buffalo chicken dish at a restaurant and they didn’t have blue cheese dressing! Maybe ranch sells better or whatever, but to not even have it as on option when it’s the traditional sauce for buffalo wings?!?

Alright, I’m coming over for a lecture! 😛

The whole no-ranch-on-wings thing is a silly part of the Buffalo Bills fandom. We joke that when someone joins the fandom, they have to swear off ranch on wings, and then jump through a folding table (which may also be on fire). We football fans can be an odd bunch.

I will say though, I was very annoyed once when I ordered a buffalo chicken dish at a restaurant and they didn’t have blue cheese dressing! Maybe ranch sells better or whatever, but to not even have it as on option when it’s the traditional sauce for buffalo wings?!?
I am in the camp of saying that blue cheese is more popular than ranch with wings, and I find that pretty odd, other than perhaps ranch is much less expensive and the kitchen manager was too frugal. That might keep some people (like my DH) from ever going back. Give the people what they want!!!

Back
Top Bottom