Muffaleta thoughts please

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:30 AM
I've just been on the bbc site I go to and I like the look of this treat, which it would be with different types of meat. I'm sure I've seen it here as well? How does anybody here make this please, I put it in the search bar but nothing came up.

Russ

Medtran49 or ElizabethB will have good recipes. They are a New Orleans classic sandwich.

I don't particularly like them, myself, but a lot of people do.

CD

Thanks, I need a murican input, I knew someone would know.

Russ

You should be able to get everything you need to make one, except the bread. You'll have to bake that. Like most specialty sandwiches, they have a special bread/roll. MT49 or EB would know if there is a substitute bread that will work.

CD

You should be able to get everything you need to make one, except the bread. You'll have to bake that. Like most specialty sandwiches, they have a special bread/roll. MT49 or EB would know if there is a substitute bread that will work.

CD
We get focaccia bread here, but I've often thought of making my own, but I'm nil at bread making,lol.

Russ

We get focaccia bread here, but I've often thought of making my own, but I'm nil at bread making,lol.

Russ

Do they use focaccia? I don't know -- I haven't eaten one in 30-something years.

CD

I made one not long ago and posted it here, and I'm pretty sure I used medtran49's bread recipe.

Off to go look...back in a few...

And I'll bet you had issues finding things here because of the slight variations in spelling.

Anyway, the recipe I follow uses giardiniera, black and green olives (I think I may have used a jarred muffuletta mix), capers, garlic, vinegar, oil, some dried herbs, some fresh herbs, salami, provolone, mortadella, and capicola.

I can get a proper recipe posted later if you like.

Bbc recipe used that, what would you suggest, ? When I read it I thought it might be too stodgy?

Russ
I'm no muffuletta expert, but I wouldn't use focaccia, I think it might be too light in texture. The bread has to be a bit substantial because it gets soaked in oil and vinegar. I'd think focaccia would fall apart.

Anyway, the recipe I follow uses giardiniera, black and green olives (I think I may have used a jarred muffuletta mix), capers, garlic, vinegar, oil, some dried herbs, some fresh herbs, salami, provolone, mortadella, and capicola.

I can get a proper recipe posted later if you like.

Yes please I'll adapt to suit my tastes. Has mrs t settled now, having a nap??? Lmao

Russ

I'm no muffuletta expert, but I wouldn't use focaccia, I think it might be too light in texture. The bread has to be a bit substantial because it gets soaked in oil and vinegar. I'd think focaccia would fall apart.

It said to wrap tight and refrigerate for an hour or so? To soak up the mix??

Russ

Back
Top Bottom