Mushi Cake

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
7:27 AM
Yesterday I was shopping around my favorite Asian food store and found mushi cakes in the fridge section. I had never had one before, but they looked and sounded good. They had chocolate, cheese, and vanilla pudding cakes and so I grabbed the pudding one. I opened it up and noticed how soft the cake was and was really excited to eat it. After a couple of bites, I realized that the cake reminded me of a steamed pancake. It was very good, but I was hoping that it would have had pudding filling in the middle, not just mixed into the batter.

They taste light a steamed sponge because that's what they are ,they remind me of a microwave sponge with the big air bubble and texture,off the top of my head I think they are Japaneese

They taste light a steamed sponge because that's what they are ,they remind me of a microwave sponge with the big air bubble and texture,off the top of my head I think they are Japaneese
I think they are a Japanese cake too. The ones at the store I go to come in cheese, vanilla pudding, and chocolate flavor. I want to go back and buy some more because they were inexpensive and just fluffy goodness.

This is the first time I've heard of Mushi cake. Is it not the same as the Chinese dumpling? There are so many kinds of pastries now that I sometimes forget the names. Even the donuts are confusing because we have Gonuts and Cronuts. Don't ask me what they are but I understand that they are simply donuts with fillings and other flavors outside. With the Mushi cake, maybe I will ask around.

Back
Top Bottom