Recipe Mushroom Soup without cream

Ramana

Local time
2:33 AM
Website
easytocookrecipesforbeginners.blogspot.com
Be it any time of the day one just needs to walk into the kitchen, gather some basic ingredients and start cooking cream of mushroom soup and within 5 to 6 minutes' walk out with bowl filled with hot soup in their hands which is totally fresh and prepared at home that can be enjoyed as a complete meal or as side dish.
Cream-of-mushroom.jpg

My recipe of cream of mushroom is healthy and contains no cream, instead I have used oats and milk to reach the desired
consistency. Sautéed with garlic, onions, carrots and oregano (carom leaves). These are fresh from my garden and optional, you can use coriander or parsley leaves for this delicious delicacy.

Ingredients​

Cream-of-mushroom-ingredients.jpg

One packet/200 gms button mushroom washed and sliced
1 onion chopped
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
1 bay leaf
1 carrot grated(optional)
6-8 oregano leaves (carom leaves) These are fresh from my garden and optional…. You can use coriander or parsley leaves
4 tbsp oats
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
2 tsp olive oil

Method Of Preparation​

Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat.

Add bay leaf onion and garlic, stir fry for a minute.

Add mushrooms and keep stirring and cooking for around 5 mins till the water from the mushrooms evaporates.
Switch off the flame.

Add the oats, half of the cooked mushrooms and 1/2 of the milk in the mixer and grind to a paste. Oats are very healthy and give a very creamy texture to the soup. Otherwise, you can add corn flour like most recipes do.

Now put on the gas again and add the rest of the milk, mushrooms, oat paste and 500ml of water.
Keep stirring till it boils.

Add carrots, oregano leaves, salt and pepper and keep cooking for 4-5 mins till the soup thickens and looks creamy.
Switch off the flame and serve hot.

Back
Top Bottom