Recipe Mushroom Swiss Onion Bagel Burger

caseydog

Local time
6:38 PM
Mushroom Swiss Onion Bagel Burger

The ingredients list is for one burger. Multiply it for how many burgers you need.

Ground Beef -- 80/20 Chuck recommended
Swiss Cheese
Button Mushrooms
Butter
Onion Bagel
SPG (salt, pepper and granulated garlic)

Form your ground beef into a 4oz patty/patties. Season with SPG to taste.
Slice your mushrooms and break slices into 1/2 inch pieces, sauté the mushrooms on medium heat in butter until soft and browned.
Cook your burger. I used an outdoor grill, but you can also get good results from a cast iron pan (although you may smoke up your kitchen).
When your burger is almost done cooking, put a slice of Swiss cheese on it, cover it, and let it melt.
Toast your sliced bagel.

Assembly: Bottom bagel bun, meat patty, sautéed mushrooms, top bagel bun.

BagelBurger001.jpg

BagelBurger002.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Brilliant photos (as I mentioned elsewhere). Do you sauté the mushrooms in with the onions?

I normally do for a mushroom Swiss burger, but for this one, I did not use any onions, other than the ones on the bagel. I thought it would be redundant.

CD

I normally do for a mushroom Swiss burger, but for this one, I did not use any onions, other than the ones on the bagel. I thought it would be redundant.

CD

In which case there is a typo in the method (step 2) - hence my question... :)

This looks how a burger is supposed to look...I just ate, and I think I could still eat this if it were in front of me. By the way, I love the ratio of mushroom to meat. You really don't need anything else between the bagel slices other than the meat, cheese, and mushrooms.

Back
Top Bottom