My favourite breakfast is...

I have several "favorites" but my most basic is:

3 eggs "Over easy"
Bacon-crispy
Wheat toast
Coffee

Other "favorites....Eggs benedict, cheese omelet..

Not a big fan of pancakes

Cold pizza

Chipolte cheese grits and a glass of oj

An interesting topic is breakfast. I noticed that most people in the u.s. tend to fall into two cantegories...those that prefer sweet for breakfast and those that prefer savory for breakfast and the more south you go the more likely you are eating savory instead of sweet for breakfast.

I am hooked on smoked mackerel for breakfast at the moment. Very healthy, easy to prepare and incredibly cheap. I was buying them from Tesco at under £2 for two fillets, but the downside is that they were dyed. I then found packs of undyed in Bookers, better quality and even cheaper. A pack of eight fillets (enough for four breakfasts) for just over £5.

Wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven, they are divine.

Porridge and stewed fruit

Full English - bacon sausages fried eggs mushrooms tomatoes and fried bread

Granola yoghurt and fresh berries

Leftover takeaway !!

Full English if we are out and visit a cafe. Our favourite is one that has just opened called the whinging Pom. He does a good brekky.

Russ

I am hooked on smoked mackerel for breakfast at the moment. Very healthy, easy to prepare and incredibly cheap. I was buying them from Tesco at under £2 for two fillets, but the downside is that they were dyed. I then found packs of undyed in Bookers, better quality and even cheaper. A pack of eight fillets (enough for four breakfasts) for just over £5.

Wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven, they are divine.

Oh, yes, smoked fish for breakfast is delicious, especially with toast, Wasa crackers, or just crusty day-old reheated bread.

Guess I'm not a big breakfast fan, although I should eat a good breakfast more often. Sometimes it's avocado toast, mashed avocado over whole wheat toast with sliced Roma tomatoes, or radishes.

On the holidays or special occasions, I might have pancakes with fresh fruit, a caprese strata, or (chocolate Chip) panettone French toast. Homemade is best, but World Market has delicious flavors like lemon, and fig.

61EDtE1dP8L._SX355_.jpg

Attachments

• 61EDtE1dP8L._SX355_.jpg
    61EDtE1dP8L._SX355_.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
As I mentioned before, during the week breakfast is usually last nights leftovers. On the rare occasions I make breakfast on weekends, It would be one of the following:

Homemade buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy
Sour cream pancakes
Corned beef hash, eggs and home fries/ hash browns
Sliced kartoffelklosse and eggs
Breakfast burritos
Tomato garlic omelette

Although I've never made it since I met Karen, goetta or scrapple with eggs.

I'm just enjoying a late breakfast of kipper, mushroom and flatbread. I love kippers. I usually buy Manx as husband's Granddad was Manx.

Back
Top Bottom