My freezer Inventory

The only good part of reorganizing the freezer is finding hidden treasure. "Wow, I didn't know I had that!"

CD
As long as it's not a surprise that's a few years old (TR would never let his go unorganized for that long, LOL).

As long as it's not a surprise that's a few years old (TR would never let his go unorganized for that long, LOL).
Being that it’s just the bottom freezer, I go through it probably every two months.

Right now (except for those sausages on top with the damn doughnuts), I have all the fruit together, all the vegetables together, all the beef, etc.

Then what happens is, it all gets messed around when I go digging for something on the bottom, and after a couple of months, the chicken’s over here and the pork’s over there, all mixed together, and I don’t know what’s where, so I have to redo it.

That’s why I thought I had a bunch of chicken thighs that I don’t actually have - everything was in there randomly and I kept thinking the thighs were just evading me.

Being that it’s just the bottom freezer, I go through it probably every two months.

Right now (except for those sausages on top with the damn doughnuts), I have all the fruit together, all the vegetables together, all the beef, etc.

Then what happens is, it all gets messed around when I go digging for something on the bottom, and after a couple of months, the chicken’s over here and the pork’s over there, all mixed together, and I don’t know what’s where, so I have to redo it.

That’s why I thought I had a bunch of chicken thighs that I don’t actually have - everything was in there randomly and I kept thinking the thighs were just evading me.
You should try going through 2 chest freezers and 2 fridge freezers. Like you I start out knowing where it is, then I have no idea. I use 2 liter icecream containers for freezing. My chest freezers are about 12 cuft

Russ

I emptied my freezer today, sorted everything, got rid of stuff that was no longer useable, and listed what went back into the freezer.

I had some freezer burned items. I had three ham bones for ham and bean soup. They were leftover from Christmas dinners, so one of them could have been three years old. I also had four bags of frozen broccoli. Two were severely freezer burned. I kept two that looked pretty good.

I also have three prime NY Strips and a prime ribeye, and a prime tomahawk ribeye.

1691627425548.jpeg

1691627446730.jpeg

CD

I feel a freezer clean coming up....
Not because it needs cleaning. Just because I need to find my block of tempeh and my kemiri nuts.
I figure I may as well clean it at the same time. Everything needs to go out anyway.
Unless, they haven's assembled near the bottom of the chest freezer
Then re-pack and 2 days later it will be a mess again

Here's my freezer. I also have a 3 cubic footer in the living room. They are both full. I've thrown away some things that got freezer burned. That problem was also solved by getting THIS (top photo). Our mom always taught us about the benefits of having an extra freezer. She said that in the winter, there may be storm so bad that you can't get out to buy food. She was right!!!! :whistling:
Wevac Chamber Vacuum Food Sealer..jpg
My freezer..JPG

My three freezers are pretty full again, I did some re-stocking after having been down-and-out for a while there.
We were living comfortably off of them up til now.
I really want to make some more soups and breads for my stash, but I'm not sure if I can squeeze more in ... I did make some Bran Muffins today for breakfast tomorrow and then squirrel away the rest for later.

Updated freezer contents:

Strawberries
Raspberries
Fresh cranberries
Prime rib bones
Prime rib (cooked)
Chicken - legs
Chicken thighs
Pork chop - bone-in
Pork chops - boneless
Chorizo sausages
Smoked sausage patties