My freezer Inventory

I do, but I buy a lot of chicken and fish that I don't store in the vaccuum bags because they have bones that could rupture the bags.

I buy chicken and fish de-boned therefore don't have those issues. In fact I'm terrified of bones in fish. If I find one in the fish on my plate I cannot continue to eat that fish. I think it all stems from the time I was a kid and my mother almost choked to death on a fishbone and I didn't know what to do.

I buy chicken and fish de-boned therefore don't have those issues. In fact I'm terrified of bones in fish. If I find one in the fish on my plate I cannot continue to eat that fish. I think it all stems from the time I was a kid and my mother almost choked to death on a fishbone and I didn't know what to do.

Yeah, fish bones make me a bit nervous, too. I'll keep eating the fish, but I chew each bite about 100 times -- at least it seems like that.

CD

If I find one in the fish on my plate I cannot continue to eat that fish.
My wife is like that with any kind of gristle in beef.

In all my decades of eating fish at Long John Silver’s (fast food fish place), I found a bone exactly once. Put me off eating there for close to a couple of years.

Not a full inventory, but I had to go freezer diving, looking for a (nonexistent) chuck roast, so here’s my meat-only list:

Half pork shoulder
14 bone-in pork chops
10 thin-cut boneless pork chops
8 bratwurst patties
1lb bacon
7 chicken drumsticks
3 chicken thighs
2 sirloin bottom steaks
1lb ground chuck
1lb trail bologna
1lb chorizo links
1lb mild Italian sausage links
2lbs sweet Italian sausage links
1lb breakfast sausage links
4 bratwurst links
8 Nuremberger links

OMG, I went freezer diving in the deep freeze looking for brisket (which I still didn't find), and found TREASURES! I hadn't looked in it for a while because I've been trying to clean out the 2 refrigerator freezers. There was crawfish, tasso, andouille, a bag of clams in broth, a pound of lamb, more smoked and roasted turky, ground beef, and quite a few mystery packages that I will probably end up tossing. One of them is probably ribs of some kind from the shape, but the foil they are wrapped in was not being cooperative in coming off. So, that package is in the refrigerator defrosting and will become something(s) over the next few days.

Freezer inventory update (pulled everything out and gave the freezer a good cleaning as well):

Peaches 6 cups
Spinach 1 box
Peas 1 bag
Lima beans 2 bags
Tater tots 1 bag
Hash browns 1 bag
Peas & carrots 1 bag
Cauliflower rice 1 bag
Pearl onions 1 bag
Corn-on-the-cob 2 ears
Strawberries 1 bag
Raspberries 1 bag
Rib roast 1
Irish bacon 1
Brat patties - cheese 1 pack
Pork chop - boneless/thin 2
Bulk sausage 2
Lebanon bologna 1 pack
Amish butter cheese 1
Bacon 1 pack
Brat patties 1 pack
Smoked sausage patties 4
Pork chop - bone-in 12
Ground pork 1/2-pound
Pork shoulder 1/2-shoulder
Glazed ham 2-quarters
Ribeye 1
German meatballs 1
Sausage-peppers-onion 1
Chicken - legs/thighs 2 & 1
Chicken - legs 10
Chicken - B/S breast 4
Homemade waffles 2
Store waffles 7
Fish filets 4
Basil cubes 11
Nutmeg 1 jar
American biscuits 4
Scones 3
Chocolate muffins 5
Butter 2 pounds
Fudge bars 3
Tru Fru 1 bag
Molasses cookies 2
Amish fry pie 1
Doughnut 1
Cornbread 1
Stollen 1
Hungarian sausage 1 pound
Smoked kielbasa 1 pound
German bratwurst 4
Italian sausage - mild 1 pound
Chorizo 4
Bratwurst - beer 5

Freezer inventory update (pulled everything out and gave the freezer a good cleaning as well):

Peaches 6 cups
Spinach 1 box
Peas 1 bag
Lima beans 2 bags
Tater tots 1 bag
Hash browns 1 bag
Peas & carrots 1 bag
Cauliflower rice 1 bag
Pearl onions 1 bag
Corn-on-the-cob 2 ears
Strawberries 1 bag
Raspberries 1 bag
Rib roast 1
Irish bacon 1
Brat patties - cheese 1 pack
Pork chop - boneless/thin 2
Bulk sausage 2
Lebanon bologna 1 pack
Amish butter cheese 1
Bacon 1 pack
Brat patties 1 pack
Smoked sausage patties 4
Pork chop - bone-in 12
Ground pork 1/2-pound
Pork shoulder 1/2-shoulder
Glazed ham 2-quarters
Ribeye 1
German meatballs 1
Sausage-peppers-onion 1
Chicken - legs/thighs 2 & 1
Chicken - legs 10
Chicken - B/S breast 4
Homemade waffles 2
Store waffles 7
Fish filets 4
Basil cubes 11
Nutmeg 1 jar
American biscuits 4
Scones 3
Chocolate muffins 5
Butter 2 pounds
Fudge bars 3
Tru Fru 1 bag
Molasses cookies 2
Amish fry pie 1
Doughnut 1
Cornbread 1
Stollen 1
Hungarian sausage 1 pound
Smoked kielbasa 1 pound
German bratwurst 4
Italian sausage - mild 1 pound
Chorizo 4
Bratwurst - beer 5
Holy crap, how big is that freezer?

Holy crap, how big is that freezer?
Here’s some pics (top and side to try and give some perspective):

IMG_4641.jpeg

Bottom basket

IMG_4642.jpeg

Bottom basket side shot

IMG_4643.jpeg

Top basket

IMG_4644.jpeg

Top basket side shot

That's pretty amazing!
I emptied it out today to clean it, and I couldn’t believe how much stuff was there.

The only thing I hate is that I had to fit the sausages on the top shelf, with the baked goods. All the other meats are in the bottom shelf. That drives me crazy. Meat should be with meat, not with doughnuts! :ninja:

I emptied it out today to clean it, and I couldn’t believe how much stuff was there.

The only thing I hate is that I had to fit the sausages on the top shelf, with the baked goods. All the other meats are in the bottom shelf. That drives me crazy. Meat should be with meat, not with doughnuts! :ninja:
Agreed completely. But doughnuts would never be in my freezer, lol. In my belly, maybe. But I haven't eaten one in a few years!

Agreed completely. But doughnuts would never be in my freezer, lol. In my belly, maybe. But I haven't eaten one in a few years!
We buy a couple dozen from the Amish bakery a couple of hours from here, then freeze them and split one every couple of months, because they’re huuuge.

We buy a couple dozen from the Amish bakery a couple of hours from here, then freeze them and split one every couple of months, because they’re huuuge.
Yeah, I haven't been down that way for anything other than work lately. Doughnuts are just not a priority for me. Cheese, on the other hand...must have cheese. Daily.

Back
Top Bottom