My freezer Inventory

I have a Google sheet where I keep track of what I have in the freeze. Every time something goes in or something goes out, I edit the sheet. This helps me know what I have in stock and if I'm looking for meal ideas I just look at the sheet and it always helps me. I currently have:

Two chicken legs
Two duck legs
500g chicken fillet
1 whole chicken cut in pieces
3 hake fish
1 red fish
500g sardines
400g tuna steak
1 bag of mixed vegetables
1 bag brussel sprouts
1 bag green beans
1 bag peas
400g baby carrot
500g diced carrot
1 green bell pepper
half red bell pepper
2 chili peppers
Orange sauce
3 pita breads
Vegetable peels to use for stock
3 meals of codfish with corn bread
2 meals of chicken curry
Half a can coconut milk
Pasta water
3 loafs of breads, sliced

I have a Google sheet where I keep track of what I have in the freeze. Every time something goes in or something goes out, I edit the sheet. This helps me know what I have in stock and if I'm looking for meal ideas I just look at the sheet and it always helps me.

I wish that I could do that. I seriously have only a very rough idea what's in the front of the freezer shelves. The back is completely alien to me.

I wish that I could do that. I seriously have only a very rough idea what's in the front of the freezer shelves. The back is completely alien to me.
Same as my mom's, except both her two freezers are like that, there's food that's been there for years probably.

Updated inventory:

1# fresh green beans
10 ears fresh corn on the cob
Supermarket frozen beans
Supermarket frozen peas and carrots mix
Supermarket frozen pearl onions
Supermarket frozen lima beans
Supermarket frozen peas
Supermarket frozen corn
Supermarket frozen strawberries
Supermarket frozen riced cauliflower
Supermarket frozen french fries
Beef burgundy
Beef-barley soup
One-pot spaghetti
Rotini and sauce
Whole chicken wings
Boneless-skinless chicken breast
Bone-in chicken breast
Bratwurst
Turkey-cheddar sausages
Chicken breakfast sausage links
Pork breakfast sausage links
Ground beef
Chuck roast
Cube steak
Sirloin steak
Ham slices
Ground Italian sausage
Boneless pork loin chops
Pork ribs
Low sodium bacon
Doughnuts
Molasses cookies
Chocolate-dipped fruit
Bread ends
Italian ice
Ice cream
Butter
Nutmeg
Coffee
Supermarket frozen pie crust
Supermarket frozen puff pastry

My freezer inventory...

Beef
Chicken
Pork
Ice Cream
Miscellaneous stuff

CD

Wasn't that from The Waltons?

No, the two old sisters made "The Recipe." For those not familiar, the Waltons TV show took place during the Great Depression and Prohibition in the US. "The Recipe" was made by two elderly sisters from their father's "recipe." It was basically moonshine.

CD

No, the two old sisters made "The Recipe." For those not familiar, the Waltons TV show took place during the Great Depression and Prohibition in the US. "The Recipe" was made by two elderly sisters from their father's "recipe." It was basically moonshine.

CD
Yeah, that's what "50 years since I watched it," does to my memory.

I'm considering buying a small vertical freezer (needs to be small as it will be sitting on the counter, I don't have a lot of kitchen space). I bought a new fridge with a bigger freezer earlier this year, still the freezer is almost always full and I rarely have space to freeze cooked meals. Here's what I do have in the freezer right now:

- 1 turkey leg
- 500g chicken fillet
- 1,5 chickens
- 500g chicken kebabs
- 1kg minced pork meat

- 1kg fish fillets
- 2kf red fish
- 500g sardines

- 3 whole carrots
- Diced celery
- 400g diced carrots
- 1kg peas
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1,5kg green beans
- 750g leeks
- various vegetable peels, chicken and fish heads, bones etc that I will use to make stock
- water from cooked pasta

- 2 loaves of bread
- 3 pita breads dough
- 700g chicken karahi
- 2 doses of cooked rice

I'm considering buying a small vertical freezer (needs to be small as it will be sitting on the counter, I don't have a lot of kitchen space). I bought a new fridge with a bigger freezer earlier this year, still the freezer is almost always full and I rarely have space to freeze cooked meals. Here's what I do have in the freezer right now:

- 1 turkey leg
- 500g chicken fillet
- 1,5 chickens
- 500g chicken kebabs
- 1kg minced pork meat

- 1kg fish fillets
- 2kf red fish
- 500g sardines

- 3 whole carrots
- Diced celery
- 400g diced carrots
- 1kg peas
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1,5kg green beans
- 750g leeks
- various vegetable peels, chicken and fish heads, bones etc that I will use to make stock

- 2 loaves of bread
- 3 pita breads dough
- 700g chicken karahi
- 2 doses of cooked rice

Do you have a vacuum sealer, like a Foodsaver? I have found that vacuum packed foods take up less room than other forms of packing. They can also be wedged into small cavities in the freezer.

CD

Do you have a vacuum sealer, like a Foodsaver? I have found that vacuum packed foods take up less room than other forms of packing. They can also be wedged into small cavities in the freezer.

CD

Very good point.

I'm all for utilising everything as far as possible but... do you really need to save pasta water?

Very good point.

I'm all for utilising everything as far as possible but... do you really need to save pasta water?
I add it to sauces to make them more creamy. That's only when I'm not cooking pasta alongside the sauce though.

CD
I do, but I buy a lot of chicken and fish that I don't store in the vaccuum bags because they have bones that could rupture the bags.

I do, but I buy a lot of chicken and fish that I don't store in the vaccuum bags because they have bones that could rupture the bags.

I have never had that problem with chicken or fish. I wrap bone in steaks and pork chops with a little parchment paper sometimes, if the bones are cut sharp.

CD

Back
Top Bottom