My freezer Inventory

TastyReuben you must have a huge freezer :eek: My freezer is currently full, and I have:
- 3 whole chickens, cut in pieces
- 1 pork loin
- around 3 liters of homemade chicken stock
- 3 bags of frozen vegetables
- about 1 kg hake fish
- around 500g redfish
- 1 bag with 3 pieces of codfish
- about 800g tuna steaks
- 1 diced celery
- 2 small bags with vegetable peels, to make vegetable stock
- 200g shrimp
- 1 plastic container with orange honey sauce
- 2 pork chops
- 2 duck legs
I have 3 freezers :whistling:

Chest freezer:
2 loaf of sourdough bread
3 packs of kerrygold salted butter
1 bag of frozen spinach
1 bag of frozen hash browns
1 bag of frozen pommes duchesse
1 bag of frozen green beans
1 pack of fish fingers
2 frozen pizza's
1 pack of cheese croquettes
3 raisin scones
1 bag of frozen mango cubes
1 bag of frozen bagels
1 pack of spicy snacks
1 bag of gyoza
1 pack of almond chocolate ices
1 pack vanilla ice cream

Small freezer:
3 packs of chicken breast
2 packs of chicken liver
1 pack of salmon fillet
1 pack of steak
1 pack of smoked salmon
3 packs of cooking bacon
3 packs of chicken thighs
1 pork tenderloin
1 pack of chorizo sausage
1 pack ground lean beef
Frozen homemade pasta sauces

Smallest freezer:
Mixed frozen herbs
Frozen lemon slices
Frozen chillies
Frozen lemongrass
Frozen leftover cake
2 bags of pre sliced leeks

I really wish I had more freezer space, with everything getting more expensive I like to stock up on meat and fish when they're in sale. But I really have no place where I could put a second freezer. I've been considering buying a bigger fridge with a bigger freezer, but a high efficiency freezer will be expensive and I have other monetary priorities right now.

@TastyReuben you must have a huge freezer :eek:
Not really, it’s just a fairly standard kitchen fridge-freezer combo, with the freezer on the bottom, in which there are too and bottom compartments.

We used to have a second, full-sized upright freezer in the garage, but it sat nearly empty most of the time, just using up electricity, so I gave it to my brother, and he still uses it.

Not really, it’s just a fairly standard kitchen fridge-freezer combo, with the freezer on the bottom, in which there are too and bottom compartments.

We used to have a second, full-sized upright freezer in the garage, but it sat nearly empty most of the time, just using up electricity, so I gave it to my brother, and he still uses it.
Yes, that's what I have too, a fridge-freezer combo with a freezer on the bottom. What I currently have there is what I shared here, but it's still full.

Yes, that's what I have too, a fridge-freezer combo with a freezer on the bottom. What I currently have there is what I shared here, but it's still full.
I just checked the manual - my freezer has a 7.3 cu. ft. capacity.

This is how I inventory the two freezers out in the garage:

IMG_1461_LI.jpg

But food waste is a bad thing
This quote was from way back when MG started the thread.
It´s ironic, really, because by filling our freezers to the top, or "stocking up", and then not cooking what´s in there... we´re just contributing to even more food waste.
A couple of years back, the freezer outside gave up the ghost while I was on holiday. 4 kgs of sushi-grade tuna, 3 kgs smoked catfish, 2 kgs minced beef, about 10 kgs of green mango, and God knows what else. All gone to waste.
Ever since then , I check what´s in the freezer every week, and make sure the stuff is used.

This quote was from way back when MG started the thread.
It´s ironic, really, because by filling our freezers to the top, or "stocking up", and then not cooking what´s in there... we´re just contributing to even more food waste.
A couple of years back, the freezer outside gave up the ghost while I was on holiday. 4 kgs of sushi-grade tuna, 3 kgs smoked catfish, 2 kgs minced beef, about 10 kgs of green mango, and God knows what else. All gone to waste.
Ever since then , I check what´s in the freezer every week, and make sure the stuff is used.
We're contributing to more food waste ?

I am not contributing to more food waste, as I am using what I buy. Honestly I almost never throw something out. I really am a careful stock keeper, because I have a stock to not be without!

I've been hungry in my childhood, and wish to never be like that again.

I am not contributing to more food waste, as I am using what I buy.

You are and that's great - but so many people don't. And I'm in the guilty department. Not so much with fresh food which I rarely waste. But my freezer really needs a complete overhaul as I know there are things, particularly fish and seafood which are so old (I'm talking possibly 4 or 5 years old) they are not worth eating.

You are and that's great - but so many people don't. And I'm in the guilty department. Not so much with fresh food which I rarely waste. But my freezer really needs a complete overhaul as I know there are things, particularly fish and seafood which are so old (I'm talking possibly 4 or 5 years old) they are not worth eating.
I always think you seem so organised compared to me, so I am surprised this is difficult for you. Do you label what you freeze?

I write the date of freezing & product I made over it so I know what to use first.

I know there are things, particularly fish and seafood which are so old (I'm talking possibly 4 or 5 years old) they are not worth eating.
I know the popsicles I listed are the same popsicles I listed in my first freezer inventory post here in 2019…and they’d already been in there a while then.

They’re MrsT’s - I don’t like popsicles, and every time I ask if I can get rid of them, she says, “Um…no, I might want one later.”

When is “later?” - 2028?!

I write the date of freezing & product I made over it so I know what to use first.
I do label meats and put a use-by date on them, but I figure the stuff like frozen potatoes, ice cream, etc will get used up fast enough, though that isn’t always the case.

Back
Top Bottom