My freezer Inventory

I always think you seem so organised compared to me, so I am surprised this is difficult for you. Do you label what you freeze?

Not sure where you got that idea! I'm the opposite of organised. I 'sort of ' label things but then forget about them. Plus, both my freezers are in dire need of defrosting and both have drawers I can't even open due to icing up! And I only have a vague idea of what is in those drawers. I would think that in terms of freezers, I rank bottom of all members on this forum.

My store cupboards are also disorganised and over full to the point where I can't find things.

I must be wierd, I suppose, because I never put any potato items in the freezer. I refuse to buy potatoes unless they´re fresh; chips, (fries) mash, hash browns, potato straws - all get made from scratch.

I keep track of our TP and Paper Towels/Kitchen Paper mainly because of the World turning on its axis a coupla years ago.
I started that dry-erase board then with just the paper goods and coffee and it grew from there.
I rotate all of my stock, freezer or dry pantry and use stuff up until it's just about gone and then replenish that item.
I label and date everything, even the dry pantry.
I check expiration dates prior to buying it, I got burned on that one once and once only.

This quote was from way back when MG started the thread.
It´s ironic, really, because by filling our freezers to the top, or "stocking up", and then not cooking what´s in there... we´re just contributing to even more food waste.
A couple of years back, the freezer outside gave up the ghost while I was on holiday. 4 kgs of sushi-grade tuna, 3 kgs smoked catfish, 2 kgs minced beef, about 10 kgs of green mango, and God knows what else. All gone to waste.
Ever since then , I check what´s in the freezer every week, and make sure the stuff is used.

My parents and sister live in Hurricane country. During hurricane season, it is not good to have much frozen food or refrigerated perishables on hand, because you could loose power for days, or even weeks. My parents had a generator they could plug one fridge/freezer into. My sister doesn't.

CD

I must be wierd, I suppose, because I never put any potato items in the freezer. I refuse to buy potatoes unless they´re fresh; chips, (fries) mash, hash browns, potato straws - all get made from scratch.

I hate to admit this, but Ore Ida frozen Fries/Chips are actually better than ones I make from fresh potatoes. I double fry them and they turn out crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside every time.

CD

Here's mine, just a bottom freezer on a fridge-freezer combo. I gave my full-sized upright freezer away years ago:

Ice cream
Popsicles
Nutmeg
Ginger
Bag of ice
Home ice
Jagermeister
Green beans
Chuck roast
Brisket
Bratwurst
Pie crust
Puff pastry
Italian sausage
Cassoulet
Pearl onions
Sliced ham
Butter
Corn
Potatoes
Breakfast sausage links
Breakfast sausage roll
Peas & Carrots
Meat pie filling

The big bag of ice, the popsicles, the ice cream, and the cassoulet have all been...disposed of.
I'm laughing about Yagermeister...dayum, son.

My parents and sister live in Hurricane country. During hurricane season, it is not good to have much frozen food or refrigerated perishables on hand, because you could loose power for days, or even weeks. My parents had a generator they could plug one fridge/freezer into. My sister doesn't.

CD
We recently had an episode where we were extremely lucky because a rotten tree next door took out power lines and more in our neighborhood...and yeah, it gave me angst wondering if we would have power soon enough to save my hoard in the freezers. Yeah. Need to get a generator.

Not sure where you got that idea! I'm the opposite of organised. I 'sort of ' label things but then forget about them. Plus, both my freezers are in dire need of defrosting and both have drawers I can't even open due to icing up! And I only have a vague idea of what is in those drawers. I would think that in terms of freezers, I rank bottom of all members on this forum.

My store cupboards are also disorganised and over full to the point where I can't find things.
I have a very large ice chest located on top of my refrigerator/freezer in the garage next to my chest freezer. So whenever I get new stuff, I take that ice chest down and put all the older stuff into the ice chest for a bit whilst I reorganize the chest freezer with the new stuff. That happens a lot, LOL. Of course there are times where I can't find anything I want when I need it!

We recently had an episode where we were extremely lucky because a rotten tree next door took out power lines and more in our neighborhood...and yeah, it gave me angst wondering if we would have power soon enough to save my hoard in the freezers. Yeah. Need to get a generator.

If your freezers are mostly full, and you leave the doors closed, your food will be fine for at least 24 hours. The fuller the freezer, the longer it can stay cold (thermal mass).

CD

If your freezers are mostly full, and you leave the doors closed, your food will be fine for at least 24 hours. The fuller the freezer, the longer it can stay cold (thermal mass).

CD
Yeah. We got lucky. Our neighbors on either side both were without power for 3 days. Ours for some weird reason was back on rather quickly. Internet and cable were not for several days.

Updated inventory:

1# fresh green beans
10 ears fresh corn on the cob
Supermarket frozen beans
Supermarket frozen peas and carrots mix
Supermarket frozen pearl onions
Supermarket frozen lima beans
Supermarket frozen peas
Supermarket frozen corn
Supermarket frozen strawberries
Supermarket frozen riced cauliflower
Supermarket frozen french fries