My kitchen

20180224_111636.jpg
20180224_111614.jpg
20180224_111605.jpg
20180224_111546.jpg

Its really quite a nice big kitchen. I wouldn't mind swapping!
Yours is big against some I've cooked in. My Mum's kitchen was about 10 ft x 6 ft - they had to take door and part of the wall out to get a fridge in there; and our caravan kitchen was like a cupboard. It had a tiny gas cooker with a tiny oven and enough room for a minute gas fridge - just big enough to hold a couple of bottles of milk, butter and cheese and maybe the odd pack of bacon and some eggs. Washing up was done in a bowl on the floor in front of the oven and the fridge.

It's difficult to tell from the photographs but does anyone have a drain in the kitchen floor as I do?

kitchen drain.jpg

No, but I wish I had one in my parrots' room. That way I could just hose down the cages without disassembling them to take them outside to clean.

Where does it drain, Yorky? Is there a cleanout?

No, but I wish I had one in my parrots' room. That way I could just hose down the cages without disassembling them to take them outside to clean.

Where does it drain, Yorky? Is there a cleanout?

It's integral with the washing machine discharge and the sinkwaste. Drains to a pipe along the side of the land which discharges into a "council" pipe along the road outside. Where that discharges, nobody knows.

Round here to get your kitchen certified for commercial use...meaning if you want to sell food...it must have a drain in the floor. I often wonder why they don't put them in residential kitchens as that would sure save your house if you have a pipe leak.

When we had the floods in September 2013 our kitchen drain worked in reverse. As did the shower outlets.

Back
Top Bottom