My new food shop..

Rocklobster

Legendary Member
Local time
8:20 AM
Hey! We've been busy setting up the new shop...we took over at the beginning of this month and it has been a long road..we had to gut it and start over..the last tennant was a Greek restaurant and it was in pretty bad shape. I had to put in two floors, we painted the whole place from top to bottom, some places took three coats. I had to rip out sinks and put in new ones...then we had to move in all of the refurbished equipment I was collecting over the last few months..We are still waiting on a few tradesmen..they are really hard to get around here...we had an electrician booked months ago and he had a worker with positive covid test in his family so the whole crew had to isolate for a few days until the test came back..he was way backed up and gave me the name of another guy, so, now we wait..I've been getting lots of stock in, and expect more over the next few days..I will start cooking next week. Filling up the freezers with frozen meals and soups..Then, we'll move on to the fresh stuff when I get the display fridges powered up next week..Still waiting on the sign, and my friend who is a heating and cooling guy. He is coming to connect my gas and has some stainless back splashes for me...lots to do, but we've come a long way considering it has just been the two of us...this isn't a plug but just thinking some of you may find it interesting..I'll post more as things progress...It already looks a lot different than these photos that were taken a few days ago...

Last edited:
I feel your journey, I've often thought about doing the same, you have got kahunas to be doing during this trying times. You have my respect and best wishes. I set up business in 98 and know what it takes. If I was closer I'd be there a couple of times a week.
My friend who's a retired butcher wants me to start a wee shop up in our retirement with him.
I really can't be bothered to, I'm enjoying retirement.

Russ

I feel your journey, I've often thought about doing the same, you have got kahunas to be doing during this trying times. You have my respect and best wishes. I set up business in 98 and know what it takes. If I was closer I'd be there a couple of times a week.
My friend who's a retired butcher wants me to start a wee shop up in our retirement with him.

Russ
This will be my fourth place since the 80's.....I get tired of doing the same thing after a few years..I need to take a break in between..we didn't renew our last lease wich was up in Feb..the place was too big for us and had seating for 28 people..we didn't want that type of place any more, plus it was half an hour drive one way . We are now a few minutes from home and this place has a scaled down menu and is only take away..we are focusing more on take home foods and imported products...I'm done with deep fryers and char grills...

This will be my fourth place since the 80's.....I get tired of doing the same thing after a few years..I need to take a break in between..we didn't renew our last lease wich was up in Feb..the place was too big for us and had seating for 28 people..we didn't want that type of place any more, plus it was half an hour drive one way . We are now a few minutes from home and this place has a scaled down menu and is only take away..we are focusing more on take home foods and imported products...I'm done with deep fryers and char grills...

Sounds like you've got smarter as you get older,lol. Starting with a blank canvas takes a lot of effort, I know what you have to do to make it work. I couldn't do it again, run out of motivation now.
Love to see your menu when you get round to it. I love looking at menus from other places. Especially the ones TastyReuben puts up.

Russ

Russ
Your grandbabies would kick your backside if you tried. You are doing what you need to be doing - enjoying those sweethearts!

Your grandbabies would kick your backside if you tried. You are doing what you need to be doing - enjoying those sweethearts!

You will laugh at this, when daughter and Eli (6) at the time stayed here between houses I got him to shave my head to number 1, he got most of it daughter finished it. I paid him $10 the price I would pay at barbers.
I had him Tuesday and picked him up from school. I took him back to our joint until daughter picked him up later. In the car he said " you look like you need another hair cut gang gang"
I think the easy money was his thinking? I'm liking his early appreciation for easy money,lol.

Russ

Btw I said it can wait til the weekend.

You will laugh at this, when daughter and Eli (6) at the time stayed here between houses I got him to shave my head to number 1, he got most of it daughter finished it. I paid him $10 the price I would pay at barbers.
I had him Tuesday and picked him up from school. I took him back to our joint until daughter picked him up later. In the car he said " you look like you need another hair cut gang gang"
I think the easy money was his thinking? I'm liking his early appreciation for easy money,lol.

Russ

Btw I said it can wait til the weekend.
You're right. I really did LOL. Business owner in the making! ;-)

Well done Rocklobster - it really does sound like a lot of hard work. What is it to be called? Or maybe you are waiting for the big reveal once the sign is up...
We are calling it Raglan Street Foods...it is on the main street of town, which is called....you guessed it...:)
We are on FB if anybody wants to follow us..I put videos up once and a while and we have regular postings..we'e started to ramp up the advertising so I'll be recording our progress..the place wasn't ready for photos and videos until just a few days ago...

Complimenti! :thumbsup:

We are calling it Raglan Street Foods...it is on the main street of town, which is called....you guessed it...:)
We are on FB if anybody wants to follow us..I put videos up once and a while and we have regular postings..we'e started to ramp up the advertising so I'll be recording our progress..the place wasn't ready for photos and videos until just a few days ago...

I'm not on FB. I'll follow everything that you post here. I think this is a fascinating journey. Good luck sir!

Back
Top Bottom