My new food shop..

Do you have a finished basement?

No basements in much of Texas -- well, VERY rare. The ground here is not good for basements. It costs a lot of money if you want one.

In a hot climate, like Texas, heating is not as important as air conditioning, so ductwork is above rooms, and vents are in the ceiling (cool air settles). Return vents are in the ceiling, too. We also tend to have high ceilings, so hot air in the summer rises above people level. My lowest ceilings are ten feet -- my highest is 24 feet. Of course, that isn't ideal for cold days, but the hot days FAR outnumber the cold days down here.

If you are wealthy, the ideal setup down here is radiant heating in your floors, and air conditioning in your ceilings.

CD

Last edited:
All homes have basements here..slanted roofs also..

Almost all homes here have pitched roofs, most of them are 10/12 or 12/12 pitch. Here is mine.

FrontYard.jpg

CD

Sign went up yesterday..Still getting more signage for the boxes on the sides...we've hit a snag..damn electricians keep putting us off..have a guy coming by in a couple of hours to check things out..He may do it on his spare time...I've started cooking and freezing soups and meals for our freezer section..have all of the food reps waiting for our our orders...just waiting to pull the trigger then it is go time..

Thanks. That is what we are
Going for. Trying to look look like we’ve been here forever..not interested in trying to pull of trendy/modernism. Just
Look at me...lol
Exactly my feelings. In the town of Stratford Ontario they have a bylaw that prohibits bright direct lighting, it all has to be back lit, everything including convenient stores etc. At night walking through town is very special.

No basements in much of Texas -- well, VERY rare. The ground here is not good for basements. It costs a lot of money if you want one.

In a hot climate, like Texas, heating is not as important as air conditioning, so ductwork is above rooms, and vents are in the ceiling (cool air settles). Return vents are in the ceiling, too. We also tend to have high ceilings, so hot air in the summer rises above people level. My lowest ceilings are ten feet -- my highest is 24 feet. Of course, that isn't ideal for cold days, but the hot days FAR outnumber the cold days down here.

If you are wealthy, the ideal setup down here is radiant heating in your floors, and air conditioning in your ceilings.

CD

My son has under floor heating, he doesn't use it, the cost is astronomically expensive. He's more frugal than I.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom