Nailed southern fried chicken

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:37 AM
I keep altering ingredients until I get a recipe right, I had help from another site and some Thomas Keller videos on YouTube, plus an e mail from a Nelson chef who does it perfect.
Soaked chicken breasts that were cut like fingers, overnite. Then before mixed 2 cups of flour with herbs and spices. I then dried the chicken and rolled it in the flour mix, into buttermilk, then back into flour mix. Then deep fry. Served with Japanese mayo and Japanese BBQ sauce with twice fried fries. And coleslaw.
Wife was estatic about it, wanted more. Sorry dinners not an hour or so away yet.

Russ

Nice looking chicken fingers. I assume the overnight soak was in buttermilk? That is a "Southern" style (US) preparation. The breading steps sound good, with seasoned flour. Deep or shallow fried are both done down here.

You lost me with the Japanese mayo (Kewpie?) and BBQ sauce.

Good Southern sides.

CD

Onite in buttermilk, deep fried, Mayo is from Asian stores, the BBQ is okonomi sauce, real yummy. Slaw using bests Mayo. Aioli for fries was good too. I'm really impressed and so was everyone else. That pic is only par fried, when cooked to done, went darker and was really crispy. I will write it up, as I can't do any better.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom