Need input for frogs legs.

garlichead

Über Member
Local time
1:31 PM
As some of you know I get together with some friends for Formula 1 and I cook foods that are indicative or cook in the style of the Country where that particular race is being held and this one is France. The complete menu will be in the formula 1 thread next week sometime.

Anyway, I've put a menu together but also got a request for frogs legs and it will be as part of the Sunday brunch after the race, last meal before we head out and go our separate ways. There will also be steak tartare with micro greens, and homemade potato chips. the frogs legs will come first.

We don't see frogs legs in Canada too much and I've only made it a couple of times and I have just basically breaded and deep fried with a dipping condiment, and this still may happen but I suspect they're more popular in the USA, so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

ElizabethB may have some cajun recipes, and medtran49 may have some Florida recipes. I believe those are two areas where frog legs are popular.

CD

No recipes from me. That is 1 of the foods that will NEVER pass my lips. Just like knowingly eating bugs deliberately.

Look up Florida Cracker style froglegs or Gladesmen Style froglegs or Miccosukee style froglegs.

Never had frog legs. I really should try them. Not hard to find around here. People say everything tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake, frog legs,shark, turtle soup. I know shark does not. There is a rattle snake rodeo every year about 2 hours from here. They cook the snake. If I ever go to the event it would only be to eat try the snake meat.

My granddad loved them, just breaded and pan-fried in bacon grease, same as you'd do green tomatoes or yellow squash.

I've made frog legs, and I did not bread them (I tend to avoid most breaded foods, although not completely). I will go see if I can find a recipe I may have used in the past.

I do like them - tastes like chicken (OK, kind of, sort of...)

FOUND IT, and posting....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom