New Orange Line Trains

I love ferry boats! I like the really big ones. When we went to Nova Scotia, we took a ferry from New Brunswick across the Bay of Fundy (Gulf of Maine). It was so big there were semi trucks on it in the parking area, along with a slew of cars and passenger trucks. I think it took us almost 2 hours to go across the bay? We saw pilot whales from up top. Oh that was such a great trip!

Edited to add that I like trains, too. Love them. I want to take a train trip across Canada someday, one of my sisters and I were looking into it before the pandemic struck.

Ferries are heavily used in Japan. I sometimes watch a YouTube channel that some guy does about travelling on them (and trains). He often does overnight ferries, in everything from pod rooms to first class suites.

They make most of their money from truck trailers.

Here is an episode...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxADiUV8D_M

CD

I would love to do the orient Express?

Russ
That would be nice, but it’s not that long a trip any more. Now the Trans-Siberian one, from Moscow to Vladivostok…I’d like that.

We done the overnight ferry from England to Sweden once, stayed in a proper cabin, it was nice, even watched a movie on board, which was a strange experience to a country boy from Ohio. That was the first time I’d ever seen a duvet, and didn’t know exactly what it was about, so I unbuttoned the little fasteners and got inside the duvet cover, like a sleeping bag. You can take the boy outta the country, but you can’t take the country outta the boy… :whistling:

We’ve been on a lot of other ferries, including this one, which if you’re a local, you know is about the easiest way to get to and from the airport:

View: https://youtu.be/ZmWnZXhXwaI

That would be nice, but it’s not that long a trip any more. Now the Trans-Siberian one, from Moscow to Vladivostok…I’d like that.

We done the overnight ferry from England to Sweden once, stayed in a proper cabin, it was nice, even watched a movie on board, which was a strange experience to a country boy from Ohio. That was the first time I’d ever seen a duvet, and didn’t know exactly what it was about, so I unbuttoned the little fasteners and got inside the duvet cover, like a sleeping bag. You can take the boy outta the country, but you can’t take the country outta the boy… :whistling:

We’ve been on a lot of other ferries, including this one, which if you’re a local, you know is about the easiest way to get to and from the airport:

View: https://youtu.be/ZmWnZXhXwaI

I crossed the Ohio River on the Anderson Ferry many times in the early 70s. I have wondered if it is still running.

CD

Check out his train videos, too. The bullet train ones are somewhat interesting, but the overnight trains are better. They have some interesting themed overnight trains.

CD

Just watched the sleeper train vid. Nice!! Too bad that they don't have those trains here!! :whistling:

This stupid software that GC has won't let me donwnload the vid!! I have to change over to Windows 10 to get Microsoft Edge because Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft!!
Hey, so it's not a video, it's just a website. So maybe you can try to copy and paste this link instead:
Tours | Canada Rail Vacations

Well I dunno why I can't get it just to be a copy paste thing, sorry.

I have Windows 11 I think? I had an older computer until December and had Windows 7 for the longest time. I don't like Microsoft Edge, really. I try to use Google, better platform I think.

Hey, so it's not a video, it's just a website. So maybe you can try to copy and paste this link instead:
Tours | Canada Rail Vacations

Well I dunno why I can't get it just to be a copy paste thing, sorry.

I have Windows 11 I think? I had an older computer until December and had Windows 7 for the longest time. I don't like Microsoft Edge, really. I try to use Google, better platform I think.

It's Google Chrome that has this idiotic software that blocks me from downloading most websites. It's idiotic & stupid. it won't even let me go to Wikipedia. org, claiming that a hacker way be trying to endanger things there!! What stark-raving idiocy!!!!!!! 😡😡

Last edited:
It's Google Chrome that has thisidiotic software that blocks me from downloading most websites. It's idiotic & stupid. it won't even let me go to Wikipedia. org, claiming that a hacker way be yrying to endanger things there!! What stark-raving idiocy!!!!!!! 😡😡
Can't you change your settings?

Back
Top Bottom