New Year's Eve and New Year's Day menus

Tomorrow night (NYE): ribeye and Dominican lobster tail. We will split an 8 oz ribeye and a 22 oz lobster tail, along with some asparagus and wild rice or cheesy potatoes.

NYD: fried saurkraut balls (AKA saurkraut and pork croquettes in the shape of a ball) to satisfy hubby's Yankee traditions and black-eyed peas with greens and cornbread to take care of my Southern roots. Also some baked olive cheeseballs that are awesome to snack on.

I forgot to mention the 4 bottles of dry champagne that will be mostly consumed NYE and then sipped on with orange juice the following morning.

Luke warm response on a get together here tonight so I pulled the pin. I hadn't taken meat out so no big drama. Lots of people away so reschedule for later. Prolly be quiet night of music and drinking. Two friends are calling in later.

Russ

I forget what I previously posted that I would have for NYE. Spaghetti seems to be a best idea for what I have available. NYD? Lamburgers.

Tomorrow night (NYE): ribeye and Dominican lobster tail. We will split an 8 oz ribeye and a 22 oz lobster tail, along with some asparagus and wild rice or cheesy potatoes.

NYD: fried saurkraut balls (AKA saurkraut and pork croquettes in the shape of a ball) to satisfy hubby's Yankee traditions and black-eyed peas with greens and cornbread to take care of my Southern roots. Also some baked olive cheeseballs that are awesome to snack on.

I forgot to mention the 4 bottles of dry champagne that will be mostly consumed NYE and then sipped on with orange juice the following morning.

Can I join? Wow, that’s a real food-party! 🥳

NYE is just the two of us and our tradition is a KFC bargain bucket along with a nice bottle of champagne or cremant (junk food paired with good wine....something about that just appeals to me lol). I forget how the tradition started...probably because we have so much good food over the Xmas period that a meal of junk food makes a nice change.

New years day will be a boiled ham with gratin dauphinoise - we usually have that on Boxing Day but because we didn't have the usual guests this year we decided to delay it to spread out the heavy meals this year.

Dinner this evening

Baby chorizo cooked in red wine, manchego cheese wrapped in serrano ham, patatas braves, prawns, anchovies, goats cheese and beetroot salad, olives and garlic mayo.

We're going for a wide arrangement of Sushi, I already posted the menu in the Christmas menu thread. Looking forward to it, I think Sushi may have become my favorite food after curries.

Sushi yes, curry no unless it is Chinese, Japanese or Thai.

Back
Top Bottom