New Year's Eve and New Year's Day menus

Spaghetti with Meatless Sauce ...

2020NewYearsEveSpaghetti.jpg

I just added an after junk food dinner item to my NYE menu. I picked up an Arturo Fuente cigar. I only allow myself a few cigars per year, and NYE seems like a good excuse for one.

CD

Does it make your head spin? I can literally salivate thinking about cigars. I just don't go there/do that any more. I was a nicotine addict for so long. One drag and I'd be back on it.

Does it make your head spin? I can literally salivate thinking about cigars. I just don't go there/do that any more. I was a nicotine addict for so long. One drag and I'd be back on it.

I do get a bit of a buzz, now that I rarely smoke cigars, but not bad. I enjoy a good cigar, but never got "addicted" to them.

CD

I do get a bit of a buzz, now that I rarely smoke cigars, but not bad. I enjoy a good cigar, but never got "addicted" to them.

CD

My dad quit smoking when he and mum got together but he did have the occasional cigar at Christmas but that stopped a long time ago. The smell takes me back to being a kid at Christmas, warm and happy.

My dad quit smoking when he and mum got together but he did have the occasional cigar at Christmas but that stopped a long time ago. The smell takes me back to being a kid at Christmas, warm and happy.

The thing I like about smoking a cigar is that it is a chance for me to sit down, and do absolutely nothing. If I'm smoking with a friend or few, it's a good time to just relax and have a good conversation.

It may not happen tonight, unless it stops raining. I was thinking about sitting by a fire in my backyard fire pit to smoke my cigar, but not looking good for that. I don't smoke in the house -- the smell turns foul overnight, and takes a few days to go away.

CD

The thing I like about smoking a cigar is that it is a chance for me to sit down, and do absolutely nothing. If I'm smoking with a friend or few, it's a good time to just relax and have a good conversation.

It may not happen tonight, unless it stops raining. I was thinking about sitting by a fire in my backyard fire pit to smoke my cigar, but not looking good for that. I don't smoke in the house -- the smell turns foul overnight, and takes a few days to go away.

CD

X2 on sitting outside pondering our fate?? I know if I lit one I would be smoking again.

Russ

X2 on sitting outside pondering our fate?? I know if I lit one I would be smoking again.

Russ

I guess I'm lucky. I can smoke a cigar, and go months before I have another. I'm that way with weed, too -- um, I mean WAS like that (I'm a lot more afraid of going to jail then I was in the 70s).

Alcohol had a pretty good grip on me, and I still crave a drink from time-to-time. Alcohol is considered by many experts to be in second place for addictive potential after opioids, like heroin. I can believe that.

CD

I guess I'm lucky. I can smoke a cigar, and go months before I have another. I'm that way with weed, too -- um, I mean WAS like that (I'm a lot more afraid of going to jail then I was in the 70s).

Alcohol had a pretty good grip on me, and I still crave a drink from time-to-time. Alcohol is considered by many experts to be in second place for addictive potential after opioids, like heroin. I can believe that.

CD

Alcohol is easy to be addicted to, you have a bad day, have a drink, have another bad day....and so it goes on.

I smoked since I was 12 or 13, pot with my biker mates every weekend, my best friend had three brothers in a bikie gang. Then I settled down. I don't have an addictive personality but love a drink, but in normal hrs. I worked with an alky, small bottles hidden strategically around bathrooms. I don't start until 8 or 9 at night. My body is pretty good for 63. Nicotine got my mum and nana. Hopefully I will avoid it?

Russ

It is already 2021 for some of you?

I finished my last meal of 2020 a short bit ago: ribeye steak, pan fried, with a small bit of salt and fresh ground pepper. Coarsely mashed Yukon gold potatoes (home grown) with apple, nutmeg, provolone and muenster cheese; and salt and pepper. Stir fried cabbage with cayenne.

CD
Strangely I like the morning after smell, ciggies are horrible but cigars, yes I like then, I am not and never have been a smoker.

Back
Top Bottom