OCD and autism

You are absolutely within your rights to challenge me or anyone else (so long as its polite!). I sometimes often make mistakes. And I'm not a figure of authority. I had enough of that in my past job. I'm simply a moderator.

Hey, you are a great mod. Yes, you sometimes get under my skin, but I'm sure I get under yours, too. Here is my take on friendships... My closest friends are people who will tell to go f---k myself when I need to be told that. I do the same favor for them, and they appreciate it.

You, Miss Morning Glory have a permanent invitation to knock on my door -- pretty easy for me to say since you live half way across the world from me -- and you don't know my real name. :wink: :D

CD

Diazapan is a Benzo (Benzodiazepine). Totally different from an SSRI. I have taken a Benzo, lorazipan, but not on a regular basis. Benzos can be addictive. If you take them daily, and stop for some reason, it is like someone drinking a bottle of vodka every day, and suddenly stopping.

Paroxitene, AKA Paxil, is an SSRI. You still don't want to suddenly stop taking it, but what happens when you do is not nearly as bad as what happens with a Benzo you have been taking daily.

As with any medicine beyond something like Tylenol, a medical doctor needs to be directly involved.

CD

I only discussed Diazapan as when I had depression in 07 and I finished my amitriptylene my doc gave me about 20 of the Diazapan and said to take one of I was having a bad day or down day. I've only had one this year. I don't have an addictive type that I'd take it continually. I'm pretty dam good for 63 and always glas half full. My friend is glass nearly empty, but in saying that I just got off the phone from him, and he's a lot more positive today. We are going for a coffee and a drive next week.

Russ

I don't know if this falls under "OCD and autism," but it's probably part of the nonstandard way I interpret things:

I recently bought a gift for MrsT off Amazon, which happened to come from a third-party seller. No worries.

However, when I got the gift delivered, and absolutely zero package tracking from the seller, it was obvious that all they'd done was take my order, then turn right around and order it from Walmart.com. It came to my house from Walmart, in a Walmart box, with Walmart sealing tape, and the gift inside had a Walmart.com ordering sticker on it.

That...annoyed me.

I asked around (meaning family), and every last one asked me, "Well, is there something wrong with it? Is it broken or something?"

"No, it's fine, but if I'd wanted to get it from Walmart, I'd have just ordered it from Walmart myself."

"If there's nothing wrong with it, what do you care where it came from?"

"It just seems dishonest, somehow."

Anyway, it kept sitting in the back of my mind, that there's this guy out there, basically taking orders and turning right around and reordering from Walmart, and maybe Target and a whole host of other places. So I contacted Amazon.

"Is this allowable or legit?"

I got back one of those diplomatic non-answers, like, "Thank you for contacting us! I can see how this would concern you, but please rest assured, your order is protected and secure, whether you ordered directly from Amazon or one of our thousands of Amazon sellers! Do you have any other questions I can answer today?"

"Yeah, but doesn't this seem...deceptive? It looks like they just took my order and turned around and ordered it from Walmart."

"Yes! Please let me clarify this very important issue for you! Many of our Amazon sellers will work with you and ship to you directly, providing an excellent opportunity to support small businesses, which is very important right now especially! Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"No...<sigh...>thanks."

After having it bounce around my brain for a bit longer, I contacted the seller.

"Hi, I got my order today, and I was curious as to why it came to me in a Walmart.com box. Can you explain that, please? Thanks."

I got another non-answer:

"Thanks for reaching out. We ship from the same warehouse as many other retailers. Do you need to return the item?"

I wrote back:

"The item is fine, thanks. I'm just trying to figure out why it came in a Walmart box, with Walmart stickers and a Walmart label. Let me be direct: did you just take my order and turn right around and place an order with Walmart.com? That's what I'm looking to find out."

No reply. First email response came back in less than an hour, now it's been nearly 24 hours, and no reply, which in my mind tells me...that's exactly what they did.

What surprised me, though, is I asked four other people, and no one else saw any problem with this.

I don't know if this falls under "OCD and autism," but it's probably part of the nonstandard way I interpret things:

I recently bought a gift for MrsT off Amazon, which happened to come from a third-party seller. No worries.

However, when I got the gift delivered, and absolutely zero package tracking from the seller, it was obvious that all they'd done was take my order, then turn right around and order it from Walmart.com. It came to my house from Walmart, in a Walmart box, with Walmart sealing tape, and the gift inside had a Walmart.com ordering sticker on it.

That...annoyed me.

I asked around (meaning family), and every last one asked me, "Well, is there something wrong with it? Is it broken or something?"

"No, it's fine, but if I'd wanted to get it from Walmart, I'd have just ordered it from Walmart myself."

"If there's nothing wrong with it, what do you care where it came from?"

"It just seems dishonest, somehow."

Anyway, it kept sitting in the back of my mind, that there's this guy out there, basically taking orders and turning right around and reordering from Walmart, and maybe Target and a whole host of other places. So I contacted Amazon.

"Is this allowable or legit?"

I got back one of those diplomatic non-answers, like, "Thank you for contacting us! I can see how this would concern you, but please rest assured, your order is protected and secure, whether you ordered directly from Amazon or one of our thousands of Amazon sellers! Do you have any other questions I can answer today?"

"Yeah, but doesn't this seem...deceptive? It looks like they just took my order and turned around and ordered it from Walmart."

"Yes! Please let me clarify this very important issue for you! Many of our Amazon sellers will work with you and ship to you directly, providing an excellent opportunity to support small businesses, which is very important right now especially! Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"No...<sigh...>thanks."

After having it bounce around my brain for a bit longer, I contacted the seller.

"Hi, I got my order today, and I was curious as to why it came to me in a Walmart.com box. Can you explain that, please? Thanks."

I got another non-answer:

"Thanks for reaching out. We ship from the same warehouse as many other retailers. Do you need to return the item?"

I wrote back:

"The item is fine, thanks. I'm just trying to figure out why it came in a Walmart box, with Walmart stickers and a Walmart label. Let me be direct: did you just take my order and turn right around and place an order with Walmart.com? That's what I'm looking to find out."

No reply. First email response came back in less than an hour, now it's been nearly 24 hours, and no reply, which in my mind tells me...that's exactly what they did.

What surprised me, though, is I asked four other people, and no one else saw any problem with this.
I can understand why that would be a concern. It would bother me too. I've experienced it and have heard of others doing it. I won't shop on Ebay (for ethical reasons) and many sellers there do exactly what you've described (that's not my reason for not shopping there). The thing that bothers most buyers is the seller makes a profit from doing so.

Did you pay more for the item than it would have cost if you bought it directly from WalMart? I don't mean to be rude by asking that.

Did you pay more for the item than it would have cost if you bought it directly from WalMart? I don't mean to be rude by asking that.
No, I actually paid a little less, but that's the thing - that's not the point, AFAIC, but then that's where everyone is telling me I'm crazy and to just get over it.

No, I actually paid a little less, but that's the thing - that's not the point, AFAIC, but then that's where everyone is telling me I'm crazy and to just get over it.

I hope my post didn't convey "just get over it". I fully agree with you. However, I am called "the crazy one" (literally) in my family so my opinion doesn't count. ;-(

ETA: The seller might be trying to bolster his/her rating to draw in more customers. I can't think of another reason to not make money on a sale.

I hope my post didn't convey "just get over it". I fully agree with you. However, I am called "the crazy one" (literally) in my family so my opinion doesn't count. ;-(

ETA: The seller might be trying to bolster his/her rating to draw in more customers. I can't think of another reason to not make money on a sale.
I'm assuming they're making money one way or another, maybe they get a resellers' discount or something, I have no idea. Almost all their reviews are positive, and negative only with respect to shipping ("where's my stuff?!?!"), which happens to just about everyone.

It's just that I feel like I've been deceived. I don't particularly like Walmart, but it's not even due to a grudge against them; I'd feel the same if it came from Target or Kohl's. If I pull up to your coffee truck and pay you $3 for a cup of coffee, I don't want to see you filling a cup out of a big Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts coffee box, you know?

Reactions: mjd
I'm assuming they're making money one way or another, maybe they get a resellers' discount or something, I have no idea. Almost all their reviews are positive, and negative only with respect to shipping ("where's my stuff?!?!"), which happens to just about everyone.

It's just that I feel like I've been deceived. I don't particularly like Walmart, but it's not even due to a grudge against them; I'd feel the same if it came from Target or Kohl's. If I pull up to your coffee truck and pay you $3 for a cup of coffee, I don't want to see you filling a cup out of a big Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts coffee box, you know?

Kinda' like somebody standing there with a water hose filling bottles... ;-) I hear ya!

I don't think this is OCD. Its a reasonable thing to investigate.

The main issue for me here is whether the seller is making a profit. If so how? If they order it from Walmart for you, unless they add a healthy mark up it wouldn't be worth their while. Did you check what the Walmart price was compared to what you paid?

I don't think this is OCD. Its a reasonable thing to investigate.

The main issue for me here is whether the seller is making a profit. If so how? If they order it from Walmart for you, unless they add a healthy mark up it wouldn't be worth their while. Did you check what the Walmart price was compared to what you paid?
Yup, it was a bit less where I bought it, and I didn't pay anything for shipping (even though I don't have Prime).

Here's the thing, though, as far as the subject matter of this topic: since I got this, I've spent way too much time thinking about this. I used a couple of hours researching it online (I did discover that people do make a living buying things from major retailers, usually clearance items, and reselling them, but they do that under their own name; they don't order a particular item from a particular store, and have that store ship it directly to the customer).

I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about it. The first thing I did when I woke up this before, before I even got out of bed, was grab my phone and check my email for a response, because they were very quick initially, but now silence.

Everyone is telling me to relax, I didn't overpay or pay for shipping or get some whacky knock-off counterfeit product, who cares if they ordered it from Walmart or whatever. You paid, they provided the item, transaction done.

It's the lack of an explanation that's eating at my brain, though. Why did they quickly respond at first, then clammed up when I directly questioned, "Did you order this from Walmart?" After that...crickets. Nothing.

The only thing I can think of now is to call them out via a seller review on Amazon and hope they acknowledge that, but I hate doing that.

Here's the thing, though, as far as the subject matter of this topic: since I got this, I've spent way too much time thinking about this. I used a couple of hours researching it online (I did discover that people do make a living buying things from major retailers, usually clearance items, and reselling them, but they do that under their own name; they don't order a particular item from a particular store, and have that store ship it directly to the customer).

I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about it. The first thing I did when I woke up this before, before I even got out of bed, was grab my phone and check my email for a response, because they were very quick initially, but now silence.

Everyone is telling me to relax, I didn't overpay or pay for shipping or get some whacky knock-off counterfeit product, who cares if they ordered it from Walmart or whatever. You paid, they provided the item, transaction done.

It's the lack of an explanation that's eating at my brain, though. Why did they quickly respond at first, then clammed up when I directly questioned, "Did you order this from Walmart?" After that...crickets. Nothing.

The only thing I can think of now is to call them out via a seller review on Amazon and hope they acknowledge that, but I hate doing that.
In my opinion you're just persnickety. Some personalities take certain (sometimes trivial, sometimes significant) things very seriously and spend restless & sleepless nights thinking e.g. about their faults and shortcomings (and especially the - more or less actual - faults and shortcomings of other people), short temper, tactless speculations, uncouth comments or doings, technical details, cultural anthropology, sock stripes or Christmas plates...:whistling: I wish my current brain-teaser were just a purchase. Relax and have some gluhwein, my spiritual brother. I'll do the same. There is no such thing as a normal and/or healthy human being. There's just an arithmetic mean of different stages of OCD, narcissism, low self-esteem and headaches.

Ok - I agree you are obsessing too much over it. Call them out in a review maybe. But I'm still puzzled as to what is in it for the seller. We are going off topic (my fault!). And now I'm obsessing over it...

Relax and have some gluhwein, my spiritual brother. I'll do the same. There is no such thing as a normal and/or healthy human being. There's just an arithmetic mean of different stages of OCD, narcissism, low self-esteem and headaches.

Very wise words.

Back
Top Bottom