Our Next Biggy, July 4th!

Last of the 4th food:

That’s michigan sauce (called that because it comes from upstate New York…), and when added to a hot dog, makes a dish that’s collectively known as either a michigan or…a Texas red hot. But it’s native to upstate NY. Confused yet? 🫤

There are diced raw onions under the dog, which is “wit’ buried” in the local vernacular.

Well done for making it. I would have 'liked' it but in truth I don't understand macaroni salad at all.
I'm with you. Not a big fan. Actually plain just not a fan. I've never met a macaroni salad I liked.

Last of the 4th food:

View attachment 87338

View attachment 87339

That’s michigan sauce (called that because it comes from upstate New York…), and when added to a hot dog, makes a dish that’s collectively known as either a michigan or…a Texas red hot. But it’s native to upstate NY. Confused yet? 🫤

There are diced raw onions under the dog, which is “wit’ buried” in the local vernacular.
Kinda looks like Coney sauce?

makes a dish that’s collectively known as either a michigan or…a Texas red hot
I mentioned to MrsT that I posted this here, and since that’s the official dish of her people, she’s mandated that I come back here and tell you all that’s not a proper michigan roll, she knows that, but they don’t sell proper michigan rolls in whole wheat down here, so one does the best with what one has.

Kinda looks like Coney sauce?
That is correct, but it’s the local upstate NY version.

If you’re up in the North Country of New York, don’t ever, ever call it a chili dog or a coney dog. And may god have mercy on your soul if you see “michigan” on a menu and ask, “So why’s that called a michigan? Did it come from Michigan or something?” - they’ll never find your body, no matter how hard they look (unless they look in the michigan sauce).

That is correct, but it’s the local upstate NY version.

If you’re up in the North Country of New York, don’t ever, ever call it a chili dog or a coney dog. And may god have mercy on your soul if you see “michigan” on a menu and ask, “So why’s that called a michigan? Did it come from Michigan or something?” - they’ll never find your body, no matter how hard they look (unless they look in the michigan sauce).
Always thought that meat tasted a little funny.

I've been awfully busy... but here's what I made... Mom's plate ...
IMG_1823.JPG

Copycat KFC Coleslaw, Baked Beans, grilled Jumbo Hot Dog and Hamburger, Iced Tea to wash it all down with ... she claimed she won't even be able to eat half a dog and burger, yeah right! She ate all of this AND a Snickers Ice Cream Bar for dessert!
:laugh:
I sent her home with a bento box filled with leftovers. She's was a happy camper yesterday (that was the first time that we've had her over to our house since she moved into her own digs back in February).

I know. But I still don't understand it. Cold pasta...
We’ll also have a cold pasta done in a vinaigrette, and while it’s kept in the fridge, when it’s served, it’s closer to room temp for serving (for both).

I loved Mac salad when I was a kid, but don't like it now. I have had some pasta salads that I like now, but not the old traditional American Mac salad.

CD

I loved Mac salad when I was a kid, but don't like it now. I have had some pasta salads that I like now, but not the old traditional American Mac salad.

CD
My husband's family does an Italian American version of it with vinaigrette and olives, etc. I still don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom