Our Next Biggy, July 4th!

I don't like this day much for personal reasons, but even here it's hard to avoid the 4th celebrations so I am reminded of the date anyway.

My mom's birthday. This is the 4th year with no contact because she's against my marriage.. she made me choose between her or my husband.
I had no idea other countries celebrated the 4th of July.

Sorry about the personal issue mentioned. Sad.

Hope you have a fun day regardless! Nothing against the 4th itself, I'm sure you read my spoiler.
Yes, and I understand that completely. When MrsT and I were dating, one of her BFF’s (well, they didn’t call them that back then) tried to pull the same crap with us, and that friend was shown the door.

Well HAPPY 4TH JULY!
To all of you guys in the US of A!!🙂🙂🙂🇺🇸🇺🇸
Thanks!

I’m guessing they don’t celebrate it, just that it’s on the news and all that. Windigo - can you elaborate on that, please?

Yes, and I understand that completely. When MrsT and I were dating, one of her BFF’s (well, they didn’t call them that back then) tried to pull the same crap with us, and that friend was shown the door.

Thanks!

I’m guessing they don’t celebrate it, just that it’s on the news and all that. Windigo - can you elaborate on that, please?
I actually just read an interesting article about that. But it's Denmark that primarily celebrates it. I'm on my phone right now. I'll link the article after I get my tea and am on my desktop.

The potato salad is almost ready to bge made. Next up, the ribs. Setting up the stovetop smoker. Going to cook some green beans & some mac & cheese. Every dish will be made in a small amount so that it's not too much. :whistling:

Sorry about the personal issue mentioned. Sad.
We don’t celebrate it but it is given a lot of attention on social media because America is considered important to us TastyReuben .

Plus most of us, myself included consume American media. And as a former expat who is bilingual, the algorithm assumes I am interested in things like ' buy the 4th items at our expat store'!

Plus I have a lot of nerdy friends posting ' may the 4th be with you' memes.

The potato salad is almost ready to bge made. Next up, the ribs. Setting up the stovetop smoker. Going to cook some green beans & some mac & cheese. Every dish will be made in a small amount so that it's not too much. :whistling:
I read something interesting recently about someone who made the mac n cheese and then smoked it. You ever heard of such a thing? I would probably eat the whole tray and lick it clean after!

First course, a-ok. I’ve sampled the macaroni salad, it’ll do, and the beans…well, those are another story. :headshake:

Back
Top Bottom