Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday

TastyReuben: is Pączki Day unique to Michigan and Illinois? Long ago, members of the Polish community began making these incredibly rich, jelly filled donuts. That’s quite an accomplishment, making a doughnut even more rich than it already is. They are delicious, but they will put you into a food coma. Totally worth it.

Pączki Day 2024: Where you get can pączki in metro Detroit.
It’s definitely a thing in Cleveland. Down here, where the Polish population isn’t as large, not so much, though the grocery stores and bakeries all serve them. Kroger and DLM both had tables out filled with boxes of them.

Hmmmm…maybe it is a thing down here after all!

In Hawaii, it's Malasada Day.
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG

Left over pancakes?
I have to run two pans at the same time and even then I can only just satisfy demand! 😂
Same here. I'm more likely to run out of batter than pancakes. We also eat our's as they come off the griddle, hot.

No cooking in advance and reheating done here.

Time to get the batter made!

Same here. I'm more likely to run out of batter than pancakes. We also eat our's as they come off the griddle, hot.

No cooking in advance and reheating done here.

Time to get the batter made!
Yep from the pan onto the plate, if you don’t feel like a maniac in a sweatshop you’re not really doing pancake day in the truly British way 😂

Yep from the pan onto the plate, if you don’t feel like a maniac in a sweatshop you’re not really doing pancake day in the truly British way 😂
I have a pancake problem. The 2 new packets of flour have been attacked by slugs in the mud room, so I've only got bread flour available. I'll have to experiment before hubby gets home.

My setup
20240213_182924.jpg

The table
20240213_182909.jpg

20240213_182915.jpg

The lemons (home grown so plenty available)

20240213_184211.jpg

A pancake

Traditional version first, lemon and sugar
20240213_183807.jpg

(Yeah I forgot, sorry :D )

20240213_184326.jpg

Stuffed with red plum, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, passionfruit, lemon juice and sugar.

I had 3, hubby had 5. We'll repeat tomorrow just because we can.

Back
Top Bottom