Recipe Parsley Foam

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:47 AM
To make this foam I used a stick blender but to make life easier you could use a 'cream siphon' which takes nitrous oxide chargers. You will also need powdered lecithin which is available from Amazon. Here I used the foam with asparagus, smoked salmon and lumpfish caviar.

fullsizeoutput_487f.jpeg

Ingredients
(serves 4)
40g curly leaved parsley
75ml water or stock
1/2 tsp lecithin
Salt to taste

Method
  1. Blanch parsley including stems in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into iced water for a few minutes. This will preserve the bright green colour.
  2. Drain and place in a piece of strong paper towel or muslin. Squeeze tightly to remove any excess liquid. Place in a small container and partially freeze (this makes it easier to chop).
  3. Chop the partially frozen parsley and place in a beaker with the water or stock.
  4. Using a hand blender, blitz the mixture to form a liquid puree.
  5. Sieve the mixture through muslin to remove the tiny pieces of parsley. I used a jelly bag designed for use when making jam, to do this. Squeeze the muslin to extract every last drop of green liquid.
  6. You should extract approximately 90 -100ml of liquid.* Add salt to taste.
  7. Heat the parsley liquid gently in a small saucepan and stir in the lecithin until dissolved. For a denser foam, you can add more lecithin.
  8. Immerse a stick blender halfway into the liquid and whip the parsley mixture until foamy. This may take up to ten minutes. Use immediately as required.
*The parsley liquid after sieving:
fullsizeoutput_488c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4879.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom