Recipe Pasta Smoothie

"Put all ingredients in a blender"

It was all going well up until this point :eek:

Not sure about it being good for you though - nearly 800 calories and 119%RDA of fat per serving!

I thought that all smoothies are supposed to be very low in fat & calories - hence the word healthy.

At least the ones that I make are very healthy. As the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. :headshake::stop::ninja:

I thought that all smoothies are supposed to be very low in fat & calories - hence the word healthy.

At least the ones that I make are very healthy. As the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. :headshake::stop::ninja:
I never said it was either.

There's one or two that'll keep you "regular" though.

Its probably no secret that I'm not a fan of smoothies. Its a fad, I think, and they can be very calorific. I prefer 'a bit of rough', as they say! Who wants to eat or drink baby food? The thing about smoothies is that they consist of lots of things whizzed into a puree. And if those things are calorific then the smoothie will be too - and it will slip nicely down your throat without you even noticing.

Of course, there are some smoothies (I'm beginning to really dislike that word) which are low in fat and cals. But quite a lot of them are quite high in both fat and cals. Give me a bit of rough any day... :D

Last edited:
Its probably no secret that I'm not a fan of smoothies. Its a fad, I think, and they can be very calorific. I prefer 'a bit of rough', as they say! Who wants to eat or drink baby food? The thing about smoothies is that they consist of lots of things whizzed into a puree. And if those things are calorific then the smoothie will be too - and it will slip nicely down your throat without you even noticing.

Of course, there are some smoothies (I'm beginning to really dislike that word) which are low in fat and cals. But quite a lot of them are quite high in both fat and cals. Give me a bit of rough any day... :D
Grass(garden) smoothie then. Green and a cleaner, if you believe the hype.
Or a prune smoothie?

Grass(garden) smoothie then. Green and a cleaner, if you believe the hype.
Or a prune smoothie?
So the clock is winding down. What are we going to do about this smoothie? Are we entering this in the competition? Tick, tock, tick,tock........

Back
Top Bottom