Recipe Pasta with Kimchi

ReadmeByAmy

Veteran
Local time
9:55 PM
Had you tried eating pasta with kimchi? If you are a lover of korean foods this is just easy and I am always making this recipe. If you are not living in Korea and if there is an Asian store in your place you can buy a ready made kimchi either in a bottle or in a pouch.

First melt butter in a frying pan then saute the garlic, onion and chopped pork belly and the kimchi until it is cook. Then set aside. In a pot boil water and cook the pasta. When already cook mix it together with the kimchi and put it in a serving bowl. Top it with grated cheese and chopped spring onions and bake it until the cheese melt and mixes with the kimchi sauce.

If you had kimchi and the rest of the ingredients you can try this recipe. This is only simple and easy to make and it taste delicious!

I haven't had kimchi but just KNOW I'd love it . I've seen programmes about it and read about it. But can I get it? No! Can someone supply a good recipe? Or would anyone who can obtain it like to do an ingredients swap with me?

I am not really fond of Korean food but there is an eatery here that serves honey chicken Korean style. It is called Bon Chon and we always buy honey chicken there when we pass by the area. My niece likes it so much particularly when eaten with kimchi. No, I don't relish kimchi but it's all right to eat sometimes. I remember when we were served kimchi as appetizer in one gathering, it was alien to me so I thought it was an ordinary salad. Phew, so hot, hahahaaa.

For those who will just have to try for the first time and is not familiar with Kimchi I know when they will taste it they will really say...."Whew...It is so hot"....Me too the first time I had tasted it I had not just said that words but at the same time I am perspiring a lot....:laugh::p:

Kimchi is fermented cabbage right? with some red sauce on it. I know some people not necessarily Koreans who are so crazy about it but I can not make myself want to try. How do you guys like your Kimchi? It does not look appetizing for me guess it is an acquired taste.

@Bakemehappy Yes Kimchi is a fermented cabbage that is why it is good for digestion. Not only Koreans but some other foreign people are really crazy for this Kimchi. Like what I had said at the first time you may not like the taste but the next time and you are already familiar to the taste it will be appetizing to you already. Koreans like Kimchi very much because it is their traditional food in their culture. Don't you know that in Korea small children are already eating Kimchi that is why as they grow old they had acquired its taste already.

@Bakemehappy Yes Kimchi is a fermented cabbage that is why it is good for digestion. Not only Koreans but some other foreign people are really crazy for this Kimchi. Like what I had said at the first time you may not like the taste but the next time and you are already familiar to the taste it will be appetizing to you already. Koreans like Kimchi very much because it is their traditional food in their culture. Don't you know that in Korea small children are already eating Kimchi that is why as they grow old they had acquired its taste already.
I've never tasted it but to me its already an acquired taste!

Had you tried eating pasta with kimchi? If you are a lover of korean foods this is just easy and I am always making this recipe. If you are not living in Korea and if there is an Asian store in your place you can buy a ready made kimchi either in a bottle or in a pouch.

First melt butter in a frying pan then saute the garlic, onion and chopped pork belly and the kimchi until it is cook. Then set aside. In a pot boil water and cook the pasta. When already cook mix it together with the kimchi and put it in a serving bowl. Top it with grated cheese and chopped spring onions and bake it until the cheese melt and mixes with the kimchi sauce.

If you had kimchi and the rest of the ingredients you can try this recipe. This is only simple and easy to make and it taste delicious!
Now that Is something really different. I haven't ever boughten kim chi before, but since it is essential a pickled cabbage, and I love cabbage, I think I would like it. I guess it is all in what you get used to.

I think eating Kimchi is gaining popularity already to some foreign people and they are liking it already once they had tasted this kind of fermented food.

I really like Korean food and I love kimchi but I never thought of having it with pasta before, The recipe that you describe sounds really good. I will have to give it a try sometime.

Back
Top Bottom