3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup peach jam or preserves
3 Tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion and cook until almost translucent, about 2 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced, about 4 minutes. The mixture should look like wet sand. Mix in both mustards and the jam or preserves using a whisk. Simmer, whisking, until jam melts, about 1 minute. Mix the cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon of bourbon. Add to the pan and whisk constantly until the mixture boils and slightly thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining bourbon and salt.

Peaces + bourbon are a great combination. And, you really brought the mustard here (more than I did with my cherry BBQ sauce). How does the bourbon taste in the end product? I'd think it would be fantastic as a marinade, but not sure how the bite would be if I used it as a dip.

Peaces + bourbon are a great combination. And, you really brought the mustard here (more than I did with my cherry BBQ sauce). How does the bourbon taste in the end product? I'd think it would be fantastic as a marinade, but not sure how the bite would be if I used it as a dip.

I like the flavor the bourbon added. I think it would work as a marinade just like the three mustard marinade goes well with chicken. Make sure to save some as the sauce.

You know it's there, but it's not a real strong bourbon taste. That's one of the tweaks we made, adding more bourbon and adding in the cornstarch to compensate for the extra liquid. Maybe a touch of cayenne or chipotle powder or even seeding a dried cayenne or chipotle and cooking it with the mixture then removing. Could also try adding some of the adobo from chipotles in adobo as that wouldn't change the texture any.

Back
Top Bottom