Peanut Butter - how do you like it?

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches mmmmmm....

Even better use the dark chocolate peanut butter that the Peanut Butter Co. makes with the banana....mmmmm...

Peanut butter on whole wheat saltines.

Peanut butter on toast for breakfast

And my traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich...tho I prefer cherry preserves instead of the tradition of grape but i won't turn down a grape version.

And of course there is always reese cups.

Growing up, I liked creamy and crunchy. I rarely buy peanut butter now, unless I use it in a recipe i.e. an Asian-inspired peanut noodle dish, or possibly dessert.

I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Last edited:
I don't eat it often. I prefer a crunchy peanut butter (peanuts in the peanut butter). I either eat it with a banana or PB and J.

It also makes a great topping for ice cream. Heat it up in a pan, stirring constantly. With the oil in it it doesn't take long. Melt it down, pour it over the top of your favorite ice cream.

It also makes a great topping for ice cream. Heat it up in a pan, stirring constantly. With the oil in it it doesn't take long. Melt it down, pour it over the top of your favorite ice cream.

That's an interesting idea. I've not come across it before.

I prefer super chunk; my family prefers extra creamy.

When I was a kid, there were nights that we had PB&J on crackers for dinner, with some kind of steamed veggie. I thought it was so cool.
I much later found out it was all my parents could manage at that time to feed all of us..

Nonetheless, both are great for nuking with a little soy sauce, scallion greens (or chives), garlic, and ginger for either a dipping sauce for seared tuna, or for tossing with soba or thick rice noodles.

When I was a kid, there were nights that we had PB&J on crackers for dinner, with some kind of steamed veggie. I thought it was so cool.
I much later found out it was all my parents could manage at that time to feed all of us.

Summers at our house often meant ketchup sandwiches. We didn't realize then ketchup sandwiches were all what was in mom's budget at the time for hungry kids not in school at lunch time. The bread was from the day old bread store and ketchup was cheap.

When I was a kid and through college, I ate a lot of it. I'll still have it on Ritz crackers every once in a while. One of my brothers ate PB&K sandwiches. Peanut butter and ketchup. He ate ketchup on many things, but wouldn't touch a tomato unless it was an ingredient in a sauce.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I like them in on fresh white bread. DD likes them toasted with butter like Elvis ate them.

Peanut butter on apple slices.

Lots of people stuff peanut butter in pieces of celery. Some, especially for kids snacks, put raisins on them and call them ants on a log.

The last time I bought peanut butter, I was following a low-carb diet. I eliminated most bread and pasta, but ate about a tablespoon of peanut butter thinking it would be a healthy equivalent to a serving of peanuts once in a while.

Don't think I've tried Nutella yet though.

The last time I bought peanut butter, I was following a low-carb diet. I eliminated most bread and pasta, but ate about a tablespoon of peanut butter thinking it would be a healthy equivalent to a serving of peanuts once in a while.

Don't think I've tried Nutella yet though.

I did not like nutella...too sweet. I'd like to try cashew butter but the price over rules my curiousity.

We got some almond butter a few weeks ago. It is pretty darn good so I bet cashew butter would be even better.

Vegemite family here, wife has regularly vege and bananas on toast, and also peanut butter and vege on toast as well.
Me, crunchy is all we eat here, on toast with raspberry jam. I make my own raspberry jam so it's really good.
And peanut butter in my satay sauce,hmmm, might make this during the week. Havnt had this in a while.

This is funny, as a kid I grew up watching American tv, pb and jelly sammys. We had jelly one night for dessert. I asked mum to make me some pb and jelly sammys for school the next day. Yuk, soggy sammys. Wasn't til a long time I realised the Americans call jam jelly,lol.

Russ

This is funny, as a kid I grew up watching American tv, pb and jelly sammys. We had jelly one night for dessert. I asked mum to make me some pb and jelly sammys for school the next day. Yuk, soggy sammys. Wasn't til a long time I realised the Americans call jam jelly,lol.

Russ

Same language separated by a giant ocean makes a big difference. I used to chat in an artist chat room and it was great fun trying to translate english into english when the room had a smattering of u.s., english, and aussie artists chatting togther.

Peanut butter on apple slices.

If you ever need to catch a varmint that's raiding your veggie garden, use pb on sliced apples as bait.
Nothing can resist such a tasty little snack, from racoons, to groundhogs, squirrels, mice, rats, chipmunks, opossums, and so on.

Although, if you attract a bear, it's probably a good idea to stop or they'll learn you're the guy with the good snacks everyday.

Back
Top Bottom