Peanut Butter

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
10:22 AM
[Mod.Edit: This and following few posts moved to form a new topic]

I have never heard of these. I have extra potatoes I've grown, and will have to Google this.

Agreed, Reuben. Pineapple belongs in upside down cake.
For a nation that puts peanut butter and jelly into sandwiches I find your aversion to pineapple in savoury dishes rather odd :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
For a nation that puts peanut butter and jelly into sandwiches I find your aversion to pineapple in savoury dishes rather odd :laugh:

Don't look at me. I don't do PB&J sandwiches.

Mind you, I wanted those for nearly three years in grade school, every day (with or without the jelly) until one day I found myself nauseated by peanut butter. To this day a peanut butter sandwich is NOT GONNA HAPPEN here. I can now, finally, eat peanuts in Thai cuisine. It's like nearly 40 years later...

But I am sure peanut butter will NEVER end up within three feet of bread again.

Don't look at me. I don't do PB&J sandwiches.

Mind you, I wanted those for nearly three years in grade school, every day (with or without the jelly) until one day I found myself nauseated by peanut butter. To this day a peanut butter sandwich is NOT GONNA HAPPEN here. I can now, finally, eat peanuts in Thai cuisine. It's like nearly 40 years later...

But I am sure peanut butter will NEVER end up within three feet of bread again.

I still make PB&J sandwiches once-in-a-while. Now, I use organic, low salt PB (crunchy), and quality fruit jelly. But, that warm, comforting feeling is still there.

CD

Same here. I have peanut butter in some form two or three times a week.

To me, peanut butter is a sweet thing, not savory, so it goes fine with fruit spreads, chocolate, mixed in ice cream, made into cakes, pies and cookies...

Same here. I have peanut butter in some form two or three times a week.

To me, peanut butter is a sweet thing, not savory, so it goes fine with fruit spreads, chocolate, mixed in ice cream, made into cakes, pies and cookies...

We always had salty peanut butter in my parental home, the organic version. I grew up on that, and only later discovered sweet peanut butter, which now tastes off to me. No PBJ for me, and neither m&ms or that kind of thing.
Peanut butter is connected to Indonesian savory cooking for me. I used to get a sandwich of peanut butter, sambal and cucumber to eat at school. A very Indo-Dutch thing.

We always had salty peanut butter in my parental home, the organic version. I grew up on that, and only later discovered sweet peanut butter, which now tastes off to me. No PBJ for me, and neither m&ms or that kind of thing.
Peanut butter is connected to Indonesian savory cooking for me. I used to get a sandwich of peanut butter, sambal and cucumber to eat at school. A very Indo-Dutch thing.

I grew up eating peanut butter with a bunch of salt and sugar in it. Now that I can't eat much salt, I discovered pure peanut butter. It is really quite good. You can really taste the peanuts. Even if I could, I wouldn't go back. I can eat a spoonful of it right out of the jar, with nothing else.

CD

I grew up eating peanut butter with a bunch of salt and sugar in it. Now that I can't eat much salt, I discovered pure peanut butter. It is really quite good. You can really taste the peanuts. Even if I could, I wouldn't go back. I can eat a spoonful of it right out of the jar, with nothing else.

CD

We had pure peanut butter, and pure peanut butter with dash of salt. I grew up on a mostly sugar free diet until the age of 10 when my parents stopped being macrobiotics. I still only buy pure or salty.

CD
We get natural peanut butter here. I like when I read the back label and it says:

INGREDIENTS: Peanuts

:)

Back
Top Bottom