Recipe Pesto Shrimp Mushroom Pasta

mjd

Veteran
Local time
2:58 PM
I am allergic to shellfish but I've made this for others and it got good reviews.

Pesto Shrimp Mushroom Pasta
Pesto Shrimp Mushroom Pasta - Julia's Album

unnamed.png

Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Servings: 4 servings

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound shrimp large, peeled, deveined
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup basil pesto
1/2 cup chicken broth
8 oz spiral pasta
chopped fresh basil

Instructions

Heat large skillet on medium-high heat until hot. Add olive oil - it should run without sizzling. Add shrimp, season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, cook for about 3 minutes, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the skillet.

Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same, now empty, skillet. Add sliced mushrooms. Season mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms release liquid and reduce in volume and get soft, for about a minute or two.. Add back the cooked shrimp. Add 1/2 cup basil pesto and 1/2 cup chicken broth. On medium heat, mix everything to combine. Remove from heat.

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Add to the shrimp with sauce. Top with chopped fresh basil.

Pesto Shrimp Mushroom Pasta - Julia's Album

What, no garlic, blasphemy lol. Just kidding looks good. Love pesto.
I sometimes add a bit. I take it you LOVE garlic considering your username? I went to school with a guy that loved garlic to the point he would just eat it like a snack. I like it too but not that much! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom