Pet Peeves

I hold the door open for everyone. Whoever does it for me receives a gracious thank you. I have been known to order my daughters to open doors for handicapped people coming into the mall. Yes, we have lunch at Chipotle right by the entry/exit mall doors where the automated and handicapped doors usually aren't working.

This:

7CF546BB-0B95-4BAE-A98F-1DF1735C4F6D.jpeg

This is a container of feta cheese, vacuum sealed to keep the cheese fresh. It works well. Really well.

But, actually getting to the cheese is a challenge. There's a pull-tab on the side that I should be able to peel back to get to the cheese. But, to do that, I have to make sure my hands are really dry and the plastic is really dry, otherwise I can't get a good grip. Sometimes, the tab tears off without opening it. Yes, I can use a knife, and I often do if I can't tear the top sheet off. But, it's still annoying.

Once or twice, no kidding, I used pliers. Those work every time.

This:

View attachment 86864

This is a container of feta cheese, vacuum sealed to keep the cheese fresh. It works well. Really well.

But, actually getting to the cheese is a challenge. There's a pull-tab on the side that I should be able to peel back to get to the cheese. But, to do that, I have to make sure my hands are really dry and the plastic is really dry, otherwise I can't get a good grip. Sometimes, the tab tears off without opening it. Yes, I can use a knife, and I often do if I can't tear the top sheet off. But, it's still annoying.

Once or twice, no kidding, I used pliers. Those work every time.
Yep. And tubs of sour cream, etc.

But, you have major issues with the whole concept of marriage. You've made that abundantly clear. Some people, particularly in the Harley Davidson community, refer to their spouses/partners as "my old man," and "my old lady,"

CD
What would you call me when I say the kommandant???

Ps. I don't take life too seriously.

Russ

Does the "awareness training" tell you to avoid "gentlemen?"

We are also not to say the word "actress" anymore. Regardless of gender you are supposed to say actor. I have know idea how "actress" became "sexist."

I guess a pet peeve of mine is having to walk around on eggshells, wondering if I am going to violate The Universal Guide to Political Correctness any time I open my mouth.

CD
I'm with you there about eggshells.

Russ

The lack of courtesy.
Courtesy is not sexist.
Hold a door open for the person following you. Say please and thank you. I am from the South so "Yes Mamm" and "No Sir" are a given regardless of sex, race or age. I use Mamm and Sir when addresing people young enough to be my Grand Kids.
I served 6 years active duty USN and 16 years USNR. Ships should always be female. They are beautiful, they are fierce, they are powerful. Ships calmly patrol the seas always on the look out for threats to their home. The ladies remain calm as long as there is no threat. Threaten Mamma's home and she will blow your A up.
Ships are and should always be female.

The lack of courtesy.
Courtesy is not sexist.
Hold a door open for the person following you. Say please and thank you. I am from the South so "Yes Mamm" and "No Sir" are a given regardless of sex, race or age. I use Mamm and Sir when addresing people young enough to be my Grand Kids.
I served 6 years active duty USN and 16 years USNR. Ships should always be female. They are beautiful, they are fierce, they are powerful. Ships calmly patrol the seas always on the look out for threats to their home. The ladies remain calm as long as there is no threat. Threaten Mamma's home and she will blow your A up.
Ships are and should always be female.
I was taught to open doors, stand for elders on buses etc. By mum. I still open doors etc.. just good manners. My kids and their kids also have good manners.
Costs nothing.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom