Pineapple pizza recipe development

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:19 PM
After years of saying I hated the idea of pineapple on pizza, I'm now coming round to the idea it could work (never say never!). So as a personal challenge I'm developing a pineapple pizza recipe which I might just get to love.

I know we have a few members who like pineapple on pizza (@Mewmew & @TastyReuben to name two) so perhaps they can help. I've been listing flavours which work with pineapple (with the help of the wonderful Flavour Thesaurus). The biggest question at the moment seems to be tomato.

Tomato doesn't really work particularly well with pineapple but I'm not sure it actually clashes. So - to use a tomato based sauce or not?

Any other topping suggestions welcomed...

I know we have a few members who like pineapple on pizza (@Mewmew & @TastyReuben to name two)
No, I do not! It's an abomination. I'll make it because my wife likes it, but I don't eat it. It's horrible to me, like eating bananas dipped in mayonnaise, or apple slices with ranch dressing.

No! No! A thousand times no! :ohmy: :facepalm: :headshake::eek::thumbsdown::stop:

No, I do not! It's an abomination. I'll make it because my wife likes it, but I don't eat it. It's horrible to me, like eating bananas dipped in mayonnaise, or apple slices with ranch dressing.

No! No! A thousand times no! :ohmy: :facepalm: :headshake::eek::thumbsdown::stop:

Apologies - profoundly. :oops: Who else is it that likes it then?

What about me? I'm the one who said DH orders it for me with white sauce. Don't forget the ham. :porky::D and onion:cry:

Sorry - I'm not doing very well here am I? :oops:

So:

Onion - red or white?
White Sauce - what does that consist of?
Ham - I'm on that track but ramping it up a notch... :happy:

For me its going to have chilli too. Chilli and pineapple work well together.

Sorry - I'm not doing very well here am I? :oops:

So:

Onion - red or white?
White Sauce - what does that consist of?
Ham - I'm on that track but ramping it up a notch... :happy:

For me its going to have chilli too. Chilli and pineapple work well together.
Is it too late to cancel my order or should I say, please hold the chili on mine.

DH says mozzarella and ricotta is the white sauce.
Any kind of onion
Ham sliced thin.
Call me when it's ready and I'll come pick it up. Our house is hard to find. lol

Pancetta might be good. Maybe add the pineapple after the pie comes out of the oven so the crust doesn't get soggy.

Back
Top Bottom