Pineapple pizza recipe development

NO!!!!!
Just different than what I am used to. I'm sure the way I talk is different to you also.
(probably different to a lot of Americans as well. lol)

Oh - OK. I am used to the way Americans talk, I expect. I love certain American accents but one thing I don't like is Americans who shout. I don't like Brits who shout either.

Pancetta might be good. Maybe add the pineapple after the pie comes out of the oven so the crust doesn't get soggy.
I can't believe I'm offering tips here, but I would recommend grilling or caramelizing the pineapple first before throwing it on the pie and baking it.

It'll give it a deeper flavor, a nice look, and will render out some of that juice.

Oh - OK. I am used to the way Americans talk, I expect. I love certain American accents but one thing I don't like is Americans who shout. I don't like Brits who shout either.
But, they sound more polite & proper when they do it.

As to speaking loudly, it's another area where my wife and I are completely different.

I was raised in a house with, at times, 10 people, but we were raised to be very quiet. No shouting, no squealing, no screaming.

My wife's family, half the size of ours, and the noisiest group I've ever been around. Her dad could absolutely boom his voice like a cannon, and at their house, everybody talked at once, shouted over each other, and had the TV on, it was like being in a busy train station.

We used to visit on Sundays, from 9AM-9PM, and I'd come home with such headaches. No one ever talked to each other, they'd just shout from room to room at each other.

I know they say when you type in capitals, it is considered shouting, but I don't look at it that way. I look at it as emphasizing what I want to say is important to me.
Sorry if you thought I was shouting at you.

I know they say when you type in capitals, it is considered shouting, but I don't look at it that way. I look at it as emphasizing what I want to say is important to me.
Sorry if you thought I was shouting at you.

Of course I didn't think you were shouting at me! :) I was referring to American cooking shows and other shows where the presenters seem to think they need to shout excitedly. Its catching on here.

Typing in caps is, as you say, considered 'shouting' in terms of text. IMHO its better to use italics if you want to emphasise something. Its less 'in your face' and is correct in terms of 'use of English'.

Back on topic with the satanic pizza.

So far I have:

Pineapple pieces. I'm thinking of charring them :D
White sauce - possibly mozzarella and ricotta. May also use a cheese with more 'bite'.
Onion - I'm favouring red onion as I think this pizza needs the colour
Ham - I'm veering towards prosciutto or pancetta/bacon
Green stuff - not sure about green peppers. Ideas welcome
Chilli (sorry @cookieee) - Scotch bonnet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom