The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
11:48 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
b516fff8-4516-4633-bc91-07219740ecf2-jpeg.jpg

As terrific as the flavor of the pistachio crust is, I think the real plus of putting this crust on the fish is how it keeps the moisture in the salmon.

Ingredients

1 pound salmon filet, skin on
1/3 cup pistachios, crushed in small pieces
1 tablespoon oil
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon fresh dill, diced
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).

2. Heat pistachio pieces in a medium hot pan, shaking pan frequently, until you can smell them roasting, about 2 minutes. Thank you, MypinchofItaly, for giving me the idea. :)

3. Brush a baking sheet with a small amount of oil. Combine pistachio pieces with remaining oil and set aside.

4. Combine lime juice, dill, honey mustard, salt, and pepper and set aside.

5. Place a salmon filet, skin side down, on oiled pan. Brush all surfaces of the salmon (except the skin) with lime-mustard mixture.

6. Brush pistachio mixture over the top of the salmon.

7. Bake salmon for 15 minutes for medium doneness.

NOTE: I shredded Brussels sprouts and pan fried them with two teaspoons of melted bacon grease, then served them with a balsamic vinegar glaze.

The Late Night Gourmet, I made this for lunch today. I think it turned out well. I think I will let it marinate in the mixture a bit before baking next time. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 55189

Letting it marinate a bit is a great idea. I’m definitely doing that next time. I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom