A light, summery pizza recipe made with broad beans, courgettes and garlicky Greek yogurt.
Makes 4 small or 2 large pizzas
Serves 4 as a light meal, or 2 as a main meal
Prep. and cooking time 30-40 min
250 g self-raising flour
500 g Greek yogurt
100 g skinned broad beans
freshly boiled water
extra-virgin olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
3 tsp dried thyme
3 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp crushed chilli
Sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to its highest temperature. In a mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour with 250 g of the Greek yogurt and a pinch of salt. Bring together into a dough with your hands (add a splash of water if it’s dry), then knead on a floured surface until smooth. Divide into 2 large or 4 small pieces.
- Roll each piece out into a mm thick circle, then fold over the pin and transfer to a floured baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, put the broad beans in a colander, pour over freshly boiled water and leave to drain.
- Put a frying pan over a medium heat. Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways, toss in a little olive oil, then fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked. The courgette slices will shrink. Drain on kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining Greek yogurt with a drizzle of olive oil and crushed garlic, then spread over the pizza. Top with the beans and courgettes, drizzle with a little more oil, then sprinkle with the thyme, sesame seeds and chilli.
- I tweaked the original recipe which is taken from here: http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/pizza-with-broad-beans-and-courgettes/
- Unless you have a large oven and baking sheet, the pizza bases will have to be cooked separately.
- The recipe calls for za’atar, but I didn’t have any, so I used a mixture of thyme, sesame seeds and chilli
- Their recipe; my photo.
Last edited by a moderator: