Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought the shrimp burger patty's and langoustines (na buzaru ) for tonight's dinner yesterday. We were going to buy the fruit and veg today. The nearest quality fruit/veg is in Stobrec a car ride away. Without thinking I told my insurance company to arrange the hire car from Monday.Marina refused to use Uber and is catching a bus. 3 month before driving here we had a very serious accident when a bus (his fault) T boned us and made a boomerang out of her Volvo. We were both physically fine but she has refused to drive for two years. In fact our UK doctor gave her sedatives to take for the drive from the UK to Croatia. She had just started talking about driving again and this crash happened. I am worried about the Uber refusal. We were supposed to be taking a day trip to the Krka national park tomorrow with our friends Hermein ( ex N/Zealand traffic cop ) and her partner Steve. They volunteered to drive but M has refused and they are coming for lunch instead. Marina's neck and back is starting to hurt her, she said moving helps so off she went. Her only recognition of that problem was to take her shopping trolley not bag.
I am waiting for Maja our lawyer and friend to make arrangement for her to visit re Tommo's probate. Then I will get all my papers in order so Hermein can go through them and do the sketch of the accident. It's very warm 25c and humid with 50/60 mph Yugo winds and a black sky.

Last edited:
We bought the shrimp burger patty's and langoustines (na buzaru ) for tonight's dinner yesterday. We were going to buy the fruit and veg today. The nearest quality fruit/veg is in Stobrec a car ride away. Without thinking I told my insurance company to arrange the hire car from Monday.Marina refused to use Uber and is catching a bus. 3 month before driving here we had a very serious accident when a bus (his fault) T boned us and made a boomerang out of her Volvo. We were both physically fine but she has refused to drive for two years. In fact our UK doctor gave her sedatives to take for the drive from the UK to Croatia. She had just started talking about driving again and this crash happened. I am worried about the Uber refusal. We were supposed to be taking a day trip to the Krka national park tomorrow with our friends Hermein ( ex N/Zealand traffic cop ) and her partner Steve. They volunteered to drive but M has refused and they are coming for lunch instead. Marina's neck and back is starting to hurt her, she said moving helps so off she went. Her only recognition of that problem was to take her shopping trolley not bag.
I am waiting for Maja our lawyer and friend to make arrangement for her to visit re Tommo's probate. Then I will get all my papers in order so Hermein can go through them and do the sketch of the accident. It's very warm 25c and humid with 50/60 mph bura winds and a black sky.

25 get c here as well. Beautiful day. Got 3 grandkids for the night. They just had nachos.

Russ

Braised shin of beef prepared last night to go in the oven around 2 o' clock today. Ingredients (shin, onions, celery, carrots, garlic) browned and put in a large casserole dish with red wine, beef stock, bay leaves and fresh thyme. The fact that it's all been marinating overnight, plus the four hour cooking time should result in a rich, hearty stew with fall-apart meat. We are trying a Hairy Bikers technique shown on TV earlier this week - the cooked veg is passed through a sieve to thicken the sauce. Usually we would leave the veg whole and thicken with cornflour.

Braised shin of beef prepared last night to go in the oven around 2 o' clock today. Ingredients (shin, onions, celery, carrots, garlic) browned and put in a large casserole dish with red wine, beef stock, bay leaves and fresh thyme. The fact that it's all been marinating overnight, plus the four hour cooking time should result in a rich, hearty stew with fall-apart meat. We are trying a Hairy Bikers technique shown on TV earlier this week - the cooked veg is passed through a sieve to thicken the sauce. Usually we would leave the veg whole and thicken with cornflour.
View attachment 47527

Another English language glitch. I had to look up beef shin. I found it was what we call beef shank. :laugh:

Yes, it is fall-apart tender and flavorful, but it needs to cook a long time to get there. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

CD

the cooked veg is passed through a sieve to thicken the sauce.
It will be delicious, traditionally they would use a sieve here. Now " With immersion blender blend vegetables in the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Return sliced meat in the pot. " Pašticada is a Dalmatian specialty whose roots date back to the ancient Greek and Roman cuisine. Pašticada (Dalmatian Beef Stew) | Bite It Quick

Let's see...I'm making pancakes and bacon this morning, requested by MrsT. Also, either today or tomorrow, I'm making my first-ever springform cake. Making pork chops later.

The leaves are turning, so I wouldn't mind going for a drive, but I mentioned it late last week and got a "probably not" in response, so we'll see how that goes. If we don't do that, I do have some yard work to attend to. Rather go for a drive.

We normally grocery shop on Sunday morning but the weather dictated a staying in weekend so shopping was done yesterday so it leaves 2 full days to do stuff around the house.

Until I was 14 my dream was to become a teacher. The fact that this dream never came true is a blessing for the children. I lost my patience trying to help my sister with homework when she was a child and it wasn’t much better trying to teach her to cook now. I was mad when she went from the kitchen to the bathroom with wet hands because she rinsed them with water in the kitchen and wanted to wash them with soap in the bathroom and it’s not like the house was super clean but she got the floor wet. Then we were making popcorn, first popcorn popped and I asked her to keep shaking the pan while I went to the bathroom, I came back and she had been shaking the pan constantly keeping it off the heat and stopping the popcorn from popping so my perfect popcorn turned a soggy mess :facepalm: Well thankfully there won’t be any cooking tomorrow. And I did make us another batch of popcorn.

Until I was 14 my dream was to become a teacher. The fact that this dream never came true is a blessing for the children. I lost my patience trying to help my sister with homework when she was a child and it wasn’t much better trying to teach her to cook now. I was mad when she went from the kitchen to the bathroom with wet hands because she rinsed them with water in the kitchen and wanted to wash them with soap in the bathroom and it’s not like the house was super clean but she got the floor wet. Then we were making popcorn, first popcorn popped and I asked her to keep shaking the pan while I went to the bathroom, I came back and she had been shaking the pan constantly keeping it off the heat and stopping the popcorn from popping so my perfect popcorn turned a soggy mess :facepalm: Well thankfully there won’t be any cooking tomorrow. And I did make us another batch of popcorn.
That's one thing my wife can make...popcorn on the stove. She doesn't like to make it, but she does know how, and she'll do it if push comes to shove. She uses waaaaay too much butter, oil, and salt, though. I use a lot, and about doubles what I use.

As punishment for badmouthing my sister, yesterday I had the worst case of stomach pain since I had the stomach bacteria years ago. 4AM and I still couldn’t lie down. We’ve had a ton of popcorn shortly before going to bed and it didn’t go well on my stomach.

Something that rarely happens, even on Sunday - me making a pudding. An Old English Apple Top Hat to be precise - well we do have a lot of apples to use up. Suet pastry lines basin filled with chunks of apple sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Ready to cover and steam for two hours.

A boned and rolled shoulder of pork has been cooking away sous vide for 20 hours, and will be browned off and served with a cider gravy, celeriac mash and runner beans from the garden. And apple sauce, and apple and sage stuffing balls. Thats... at least six apples down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom