Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balkans women are very house proud in general. The first thing Mrs B did when she moved in was to sack the cleaners and the laundry service. Our first bust up was over the window cleaner, she sacked him and ordered a ladder. When my parents were in there late 80's I would drop her off once a week and she would do everything.

Balkans women are very house proud in general. The first thing Mrs B did when she moved in was to sack the cleaners and the laundry service. Our first bust up was over the window cleaner, she sacked him and ordered a ladder. When my parents were in there late 80's I would drop her off once a week and she would do everything.

I hate housework of any description. Did you hear me say that loudly enough? I HATE it. And I do as little as possible. What I do like is things to be tidy and uncluttered. The less clutter, the easier to clean.

Today's plans:
Make steak and salad for lunch
Type up and post two new recipes
Possibly go for a drive (weather dependent - not me driving but my friend who is living/staying here)
Roast a chicken in masala yoghurt for dinner.

I hate housework of any description. Did you hear me say that loudly enough? I HATE it.
So do I. I hate the noise of the dishwasher and washing machine, neither of which I know how to drive. They get put on when we go to bed. I hate the sound of the vacuum. We don't need one here because the floors are wood or tile. I go to the beach when Mrs B does her weekly big clean. She always gets up 2 hours before me to unload the machines and polish things. I am very lucky.

So do I. I hate the noise of the dishwasher and washing machine, neither of which I know how to drive. They get put on when we go to bed. I hate the sound of the vacuum. We don't need one here because the floors are wood or tile. I go to the beach when Mrs B does her weekly big clean. She always gets up 2 hours before me to unload the machines and polish things. I am very lucky.

I need a Mrs B. My partner empties bins and fills the bird feeder. That's all. He used to do more before the dementia. In fact, he did more than me and was a stay at home parent for 12 years after the kids were born. He did everything including cooking.

I am completely happy to do the cooking and pay for a cleaner and laundry service. She was the same in the UK and she worked. I did not need or want her to work. Before she could legally work in the UK I opened a bank account for her as she refused a joint one. Every Fing month she would force me to sit down as she balanced the statement to recipes.

I need a Mrs B. My partner empties bins and fills the bird feeder. That's all. He used to do more before the dementia. In fact, he did more than me and was a stay at home parent for 12 years after the kids were born. He did everything including cooking.

It is good of you to stick by your partner. I know it is tough, I had two grandparents go though dementia. It is hard to watch someone who was once as sharp as anyone else, deteriorate. All you can do is enjoy the good moments, and answer the same question 100 times, and not get frustrated. My mom had a hard time with that, and my dad just did what he always did -- get lost in work. I was sad about their condition, but was determined to meet them where they were. I cherished the time I got to spend with them, even when they didn't know my name.

CD

Plans today...afternoon tea! I got that cookbook of Christmas-themed afternoon teas earlier, so I'm making the first one today.

I drove all over yesterday, stopped at six <bleeping> places looking for Christmas plates for sale. I just wanted two dinner plates and two salad plates, with a nice little Christmas design on them.

The closest I came was TJ Maxx, but just big plates, no smaller ones. Even the giant full-time year-round Christmas store didn't have anything.

All you can do is enjoy the good moments, and answer the same question 100 times, and not get frustrated.

Don't I know it! And I'm not a patient person. At the moment its completely 'manageable' and he is in a strict routine which he likes. I get plenty of time to myself in between which is fine by me. He goes to bed at 7.30 pm. Like TastyReuben, I like to be alone. I try not to think beyond 'the now'.

Today's plans:
Make steak and salad for lunch
Type up and post two new recipes
Possibly go for a drive (weather dependent - not me driving but my friend who is living/staying here)
Roast a chicken in masala yoghurt for dinner.

The only one of the above that happened was the chicken. But its looking good.

Plans today...afternoon tea! I got that cookbook of Christmas-themed afternoon teas earlier, so I'm making the first one today.

I drove all over yesterday, stopped at six <bleeping> places looking for Christmas plates for sale. I just wanted two dinner plates and two salad plates, with a nice little Christmas design on them.

The closest I came was TJ Maxx, but just big plates, no smaller ones. Even the giant full-time year-round Christmas store didn't have anything.

Do you realize we are still six days from Halloween? :scratchhead:

CD

Do you realize we are still six days from Halloween? :scratchhead:

CD
Don't remind me. I ran out this morning in a last-ditch effort to find some Christmas plates and had a mini-breakdown in Big Lots, where I may or may not have shouted, "Whaddya mean, it's still October and you don't have Christmas plates?!?! I say it's already October and you don't have Christmas plates!!!" 🤬😤

Try Dollar Tree. I used to get all my seasonal dinnerware there when I didn't care if I got it back (ie. potlucks, church, neighbors, etc.). It might not help for this season, but it will for future ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom