Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily, we're starting to get our cool mornings, around 55F/13C, but it's still hitting much higher temps during the day.

I'm really getting the itch to get the autumn and winter wardrobe going, but we're back in the high 80's next week.

Plans for today. Food shopping once we've eaten breakfast. It's still cold here but we're seeing it start to warm up now. Mornings of -2°C, maximum daytime temps of +22°C. It's thay silly season now where you still need the fire at night, but the last thing you want during the day is... that is once this storm had blown its self out. The weather warning is using the word 'destructive' rather than 'damaging' for the wind which is never a good sign. All it really means is that we'll have to leave the house with rope and the chainsaw in the boot of the car (next to my wheelchair) to ensure we get home again. We might go in my vehicle to give her a run. If we can't get home in her, nothing is going to get us home!

So next stop is to look at the current competitions and see what can be built into this week's menu, still taking the diet into account.

look at the current competitions and see what can be built into this week's menu, still taking the diet into account

I'm doing the same - pancakes, honey (or vegan substitute) and whatever the cookbook for game #3 offers. The first two items don't do too well on the diet front... but pancakes & honey (or substitute) are a good combo.

Sat here, suns out but high of only 12 deg c. Seedlings in the sun soaking up Ray's. Wife will transfer into garden. Water melon seeds aren't up yet. Day watching races and in the yard.

Russ

I'm doing the same - pancakes, honey (or vegan substitute) and whatever the cookbook for game #3 offers. The first two items don't do too well on the diet front... but pancakes & honey (or substitute) are a good combo.
I was looking at blini as an option but have also found an Indian pancake using black eyed peas/beans which looks interesting. Still working in the 'honey' front but may try using it with my lemons as a drink and preservation method in one. Just thoughts at this stage. Cookbook#3 is sorted though.

Thinking about something nice and light for lunch (friends coming today). Weather is quite good at the moment, 23 C and it should be like that for the rest of the day, a perfect temperature to go out for a run in the afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom