Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I shall pay my 12 monthly visit to immigration to prove that I'm still alive, still have a current passport and have bank confirmation of sufficient funds to survive another 365 days in paradise.

Today I shall pay my 12 monthly visit to immigration to prove that I'm still alive, still have a current passport and have bank confirmation of sufficient funds to survive another 365 days in paradise.

Just a question, you don't have to answer, but will you be buried there or taken back to the UK?
We are discussing our demise and where we are going recently.

Russ

Just a question, you don't have to answer, but will you be buried there or taken back to the UK?
We are discussing our demise and where we are going recently.

Russ

Cremated here. Just down the road probably.

0095.jpg

We'll both have whatever bits and pieces that can be donated given over for that. After that, I want my body to be donated to medical study. May as well get some use out of it.

Once they're all done propping me up in front of a class first-year med students, they can do what they like with me. Cremate me, bury me, chuck me over the back fence for all I'll care about it. At that point, if I go first, I'm sure my wife will cremate me and keep the ashes. The dog was cremated and her ashes are set up in a lighted part of the entertainment center, like pride of place. Maybe mine will end up in the bathroom. :laugh:

If she goes first, once the organs are donated, she'll be cremated, no letting doctor-wannabes practice on her, she says. I'm one of those who're brutally practical about remains. She's specified that she wants some spread near where she grew up, and she wants some releases to the wild in England, and she would like me to keep the rest, so that's what I plan on doing.

We'll both have whatever bits and pieces that can be donated given over for that. After that, I want my body to be donated to medical study. May as well get some use out of it.

Once they're all done propping me up in front of a class first-year med students, they can do what they like with me. Cremate me, bury me, chuck me over the back fence for all I'll care about it. At that point, if I go first, I'm sure my wife will cremate me and keep the ashes. The dog was cremated and her ashes are set up in a lighted part of the entertainment center, like pride of place. Maybe mine will end up in the bathroom. :laugh:

If she goes first, once the organs are donated, she'll be cremated, no letting doctor-wannabes practice on her, she says. I'm one of those who're brutally practical about remains. She's specified that she wants some spread near where she grew up, and she wants some releases to the wild in England, and she would like me to keep the rest, so that's what I plan on doing.

I had two friends pass 18 months ago, they lived in rented housing and didn't have much money, they donated to Dunedin medical school so they wouldn't burden their wives/ partners.

My wife are discussing at the moment. I have a family plot I can go to free as its all paid for by my great grandfather many years ago. She doesn't want to be buried, her mum n dad were cremated and at a crematorium about 25 mins away. We are at crossroads.

Russ

I think donating organs to medical science is somewhat taboo here.

However, I would hate the results to encourage doctors to proclaim "That's what alcohol does to your liver!"

My neighbor cracks me up. He's been outside since 7AM, running both his lawn tractor and his log-splitter non-stop. Earlier, he was also running a chop saw in his garage for a bit.

I get that he's a shift worker, but there's sort of an unspoken rule of no noisy yard work before 9AM on weekdays and 10AM on weekends, and I know he's been approached about it before, but here he is, at it again.

The thing is, he's not being defiant, it's just not in his personality. He just doesn't get how that can be annoying to every neighbor around him.

So my plans today involve potentially getting between him and either Ken on his right side or Vince across the street. It's just a guess to see who'll come over and threaten him first. :laugh:

Last edited:
I’ve seriously been considering moving One of my drum sets out on my deck facing my neighbour’s house. The guy with the dog. And waiting for when he wants to tinker in his yard. Let him have it for an hour... rudiments around the drumset for 60 minutes straight will go great with his morning coffee.

I still want my friends to have a party...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvITkVaOpUs

CD

My neighbor cracks me up. He's been outside since 7AM, running both his lawn tractor and his log-splitter non-stop. Earlier, he was also running a chop saw in his garage for a bit.

I get that he's a shift worker, but there's sort of an unspoken rule of no noisy yard work before 9AM on weekdays and 10AM on weekends, and I know he's been approached about it before, but here he is, at it again.

The thing is, he's not being defiant, it's just not in his personality. He just doesn't get how that can be annoying to every neighbor around him.

So my plans today involve potentially getting between him and either Ken on his right side or Vince across the street. It's just a guess to see who'll come over and threaten him first. :laugh:

We have a guy standing trial for murder ATM here. He was a bar worker who got home late and liked to play music loud when he got home, a neighbour called noise control several times then decided to confront him. He got stabbed to death.
Be aware.

Russ

Last day before heading out for a few days, I'm going to try and knock out a cheddar recipe or two, just some very simple things. I also have some leeks to get rid of, so I think I'll make a leek soup for supper (souper?) tonight and freeze the rest.

We're due some rain today, I hope that happens. We need it, and I'll worry less about the flowers I just planted. Oh, yeah, one more planter to get to. Got to work that in today, along with the laundry and sprucing up the house inside a bit. I hate coming back home to a messy house.

Busy, busy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom