Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 77539

Before I even started to make this pan of Copycat Moose Munch, I figured that this would be my test run at a new-to-me recipe ... good thing too!
I'm not real happy with the drizz.
I didn't follow the recipe which called for Chocolate Chips and shortening, I used Ghirardelli Melting Wafers ...
🤦‍♀️
This batch will stay here!

I love to multi-task, especially when there's loads of time between steps.

I'm much happier with round two:

IMG_1163.JPG

I spread this batch out on two trays for better chocolate coverage :wink:

I packaged up some quart sized zip-top baggies for singles

IMG_1168_LI.jpg
IMG_1161.JPG

And pretty tins that I had stashed away for families.

IMG_1167.JPG

I'm very pleased with how this all turned out.
I much prefer to make gifts rather than just go out and buy something randomly.
I mean, come on, who doesn't like Caramel Popcorn draped in chocolate?:popcorn:

That's lovely - I always say I'll make some edibles as presents but rarely get round to it. I did make a small jar of spicy pickled quail's eggs for my daughter this year - but that's about it.

I mean, come on, who doesn't like Caramel Popcorn draped in chocolate?:popcorn:

Me - but I think I'm alone here in that. I don't like chocolate or very much at all of anything sweet. I said elsewhere that I got two birthday presents this year from different people (who should have known better) and both were chocolates! I gave them away.

We´re going into the depths of Kentucky to pick up 50 kgs of firewood, getting stocked up before the really cold weather gets here.

I am pretty sure nobody in the depths of Kentucky knows what a Kg is. How many ricks or cords? That's how firewood is sold in Merica.

My college roommate and I cut, split and sold firewood using my Chevy pickup to make money in college. Here is a photo of a few cords ready to sell. That stack was about 50 feet long, and two rows deep. We sold to people in apartments with fireplaces, delivered and stacked, for a way above market value -- all cash. Delivered and stacked to a second floor apartment balcony was the dealmaker.

RickGlenWood.jpg

BTW, I wasn't short, he was 6'7" tall.

CD

Last edited:
Go for our daily walk, potter about, a few bits and bobs to do, just generally chill out and enjoy the rest of our time off.

Last edited:
I went to the liquor store to buy a bottle of good tequila for my mailman. He's been delivering to my neighborhood for about 15 years, and does a great job. It is traditional (or WAS traditional) to give your mail carrier a gift at the holidays, and I still do it. I got him a botle of Cabo Wabo silver. Good stuff.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom