Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I mentioned it before so I'll keep it short, but when we moved to the UK in 1992, one of our "cultural awareness" classes covered restaurant differences, and one thing they mentioned was that doggy bags were very much not the norm in the UK at the time, and to not expect it.

Sure enough, we forgot that, and during our first "nice" meal out, we asked for a doggy bag for the leftovers, and the waiter looked at us like we had three heads, but also did his best to accommodate us, bringing our food back out to us in one of the cooks' metal mixing bowls!

We were so embarrassed that we'd forgotten that, and I promised to bring the bowl back (which I did), even though he kept saying not to bother about it.

Taking home uneaten food is becoming more of a thing now, a lot of restaurants are becoming involved great idea as it cuts down on food waste.

Enjoy!

Will they have a set menu, since it's Christmas, or will it just be a la carte? We used to love how at Christmas, a lot of the pubs which switch out their regular menu for a special fixed price Christmas menu.
It's a fixed price menu, rather huge portions too.

Messed up weekend, due to work (of course). Originally planned to do my big grocery shopping yesterday, make steak and glühwein last night, then laze around today, drinking Christmassy punch all day and having pizza tonight.

I got stuck working half the night Friday night and all 🤬 day yesterday, so we ended up having fast food last night and boozy coffees, with yesterday's activities moved to today.

Then I ended up working half the night last night, so now I'm running way behind - 10:30 in the AM and breakfast isn't even done yet.

I really want to get the copycat Moose Munch made for my Christmas gifts to my Neighborhood Gal Pals.
As I read over the recipe, yet again, it takes 1 hour in the oven while stirring every 15 minutes... that means no multi-tasking!
Well, at least I can run the IRobot Roomba at the same time.

I really want to get the copycat Moose Munch made for my Christmas gifts to my Neighborhood Gal Pals.
As I read over the recipe, yet again, it takes 1 hour in the oven while stirring every 15 minutes... that means no multi-tasking!
I would do no multitasking whatsoever and still mess that up. :laugh:

IMG_1158.JPG

Before I even started to make this pan of Copycat Moose Munch, I figured that this would be my test run at a new-to-me recipe ... good thing too!
I'm not real happy with the drizz.
I didn't follow the recipe which called for Chocolate Chips and shortening, I used Ghirardelli Melting Wafers ...
🤦‍♀️
This batch will stay here!
I would do no multitasking whatsoever and still mess that up. :laugh:

I love to multi-task, especially when there's loads of time between steps.

View attachment 77539

Before I even started to make this pan of Copycat Moose Munch, I figured that this would be my test run at a new-to-me recipe ... good thing too!
I'm not real happy with the drizz.
I didn't follow the recipe which called for Chocolate Chips and shortening, I used Ghirardelli Melting Wafers ...
🤦‍♀️
This batch will stay here!

I love to multi-task, especially when there's loads of time between steps.
I think that looks fine. I'd single-task eat that whole tray!

Plans for today:

First...I'm off! :woot:
Last vacation day of the year for me, though I also have Friday off, since Christmas is on Saturday this year. Mark my words when I complain about it later...three days of working this week, the week before Christmas, and I can all but guarantee some butthead from work will want me to do some kind of highly-involved-and-completely-unnecessary task that they've been sitting on for six months but now it's an "emergency..."on Thursday...at 4:30PM...and it'll take me three hours to do it. You just wait!

Anyway, I've already today packed up a box of some of my teas to share, along with one of those giant gingerbread...persons?...to send off to a relative, and I've done up my sort-of-Boxing Day gift for my hair stylist (bottle of wine and my home-curated* mulling spices), and I've vacuum-sealed some steaks and another gingerbread...person?...as well. That one is going to a friend of my wife's when she travels down to see her in a few months.

The rest of the day, I'm just lounging, until about 4:30PM, when we have to travel down to the zoo for the annual zoo lights display. For the first time ever (we've been doing this every couple of years since 2008), we've invited some family along, with small kids, so we'll see how that goes.

*"home-curated..." I really should be in marketing. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom