Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comedy was brilliant, a really funny evening.
Comedy must be really, really difficult to do these days. The only people you can safely make jokes about are politicians which, given their trajectory, means you have a pretty wide scope.
You can make animal jokes, but it´s not going to be long before you get sued by your hamster...

Comedy must be really, really difficult to do these days. The only people you can safely make jokes about are politicians which, given their trajectory, means you have a pretty wide scope.
You can make animal jokes, but it´s not going to be long before you get sued by your hamster...

When comedians are on the tv they have restrictions, in a cosy little room with no cameras they go for it, if you are easily offended then don't go simple as that. I think some people like to be offended just to have something to complain about.
So far I have only been offended by 1 comedian, I just haven't bothered with him since.

As Lu suggested, when you go to a comedy show you buy a ticket and with that you enter into an implied contract that the comic can say things that would be unacceptable in any other situation and you accept that. Those that are offended by some jokes are not the ones that go to the shows, they hear about it and form out of context opinions or are offended on behalf of others.
Comedy, and most importantly, challenging comedy will continue. I have a right not to laugh at a comedian, I do not have a right to stop them saying what they wish.

When comedians are on the tv they have restrictions, in a cosy little room with no cameras they go for it, if you are easily offended then don't go simple as that. I think some people like to be offended just to have something to complain about.
Absolutely agree - and if you are wont to complain about it, then don´t go.
I was just musing on how difficult it must be for the comedian these days, especially if it´s a TV, rather than private do.

No cook day..Heading into the city for a bit of a shop. Not going anywhere near down town...watching that on television.....then, stop for some Pho...and figure out what to eat for dinner....my whole day is about what I am going to eat and when..

Not planning on much today. Soup’s already made for tonight. I do have to go out for one thing the grocery stores we’re all out of yesterday. If it gets as warm as it’s supposed to today, I may go out and chill at the ice on the driveway.

I put pants on for the first time in a month.

Well, normal pants. I usually dress in kitchen wear, come home and change into loungers. In winter I throw on snow pants over them if I have to go outside for something. But, we’re heading “in to town” so my partner is making
put proper pants on…I feel like a little kid again. I hope she doesn’t lick her thumb and wipe some dirt off of my face in public.

Last edited:
´ere we are then. Back in the UUUK. Straight through Passport control, straight through Customs ( " Got anything to declare? No? Off you go then") and now in London.
Have to self-isolate for a week because my vaccines were Chinese, which are unacceptable over here.

I trust you are holed up in a hotel will good room service food.

Stopped at McD’s after the dentist, MrsT’s request, because they’re including Stitch plushies with their Happy Meals.

Should I have ordered this:

DH and I are moving my elderly mother to a Senior Living Community only a 30 minute drive away from our home, rather than 9 1/2 hours that she was in in California.
Mom has been here with us in our home for the past 6 months as we figured out what the next step would be, now it's happening and I'm so excited for her ... a brand new chapter in her life to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom