Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Wednesday it's going to be a little over 50F (about 10-11C) here. YAY! That mound of snow should be nearly gone after that.
It was 56F today and rainy. Snow is all but gone.

2150mg of Sodium? :eek:

CD
Yeah, but that’s only 93% of your daily recommended amount. You still have 7% more to play around with for the rest of your meals. :laugh:

More comedy tonight, four acts, no idea who, it's always a happy surprise.
That was a good night, however the first comic missed with his first couple of jokes and then went on to get angry with the audience and sabotage his entire act. Very weird, anyway, the MC managed to get the gig back on track and the comic will never be back.

Today it’s my wife’s marathon zoom call with her best friend. This will go on for hours.

I don’t get too grumpy about it, she’sa good friend to my wife, and she’s had a rough couple of years, so it does them both good to visit.

I have to work out a Valentine’s Day menu, then get the supplies for that, which will likely take most of the day.

Have to take an emergency trip into Ottawa today in the middle of that Fu…..I mean Truckin’ Convoy. We have to buy a cash register. Came into work to this mess. The tenant upstairs left the water on. We did get open eventually but the water fried our register and phone lines

Last edited:
Today it’s my wife’s marathon zoom call with her best friend. This will go on for hours.

I don’t get too grumpy about it, she’sa good friend to my wife, and she’s had a rough couple of years, so it does them both good to visit.

I have to work out a Valentine’s Day menu, then get the supplies for that, which will likely take most of the day.

I know you aren't a sports fan, but I can't imagine you would miss an opportunity to cook a special snack menu for the Super Bowl. If you time your cooking right, you can miss the first three quarters of the game cooking, then watch the last quarter while eating. :wink:

CD

Have to take an emergency trip into Ottawa today in the middle of that Fu…..I mean Truckin’ Convoy. We have to buy a cash register. Came into work to this mess. The tenant upstairs left the water on. We did get open eventually bit the water fried our register and phone linesView attachment 80847

. View attachment 80848View attachment 80849

I'm not sure what I feel worse about, the damage to your shop, or you having to go to Ottawa right now. :thumbsdown:

CD

I'm not sure what I feel worse about, the damage to your shop, or you having to go to Ottawa right now. :thumbsdown:

CD
The freeway goes through the city and most of the shyte show is downtown. We probably won’t even notice any difference. What sucks is that the business centre is in the East end and we are coming from the west of the city. I will likely miss a friends 60th back at home at a local watering hole. First time out in months because of the pandemic. We are wn route so we’ll se how it goes

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you aren't a sports fan, but I can't imagine you would miss an opportunity to cook a special snack menu for the Super Bowl. If you time your cooking right, you can miss the first three quarters of the game cooking, then watch the last quarter while eating. :wink:

CD
Well, normally I do, but I forgot about it and committed to making a ham loaf, so that’s what I’m doing.

I went to three grocery stores today, so I’ve been inundated with Bengal cookies, cakes, meat-and-cheese platters, crackers, orange-colored dips, employees decked out in their jerseys and hats and all that, I’m kind of black-and-orange-welcome-to-the-jungle’d out. 🐯

We had absolutely no fresh veg or fruits, so I gotta shop!

That was a HUGE mistake!

I know we've been talking about the SB but it just slipped my mind.
I went to only two grocery stores and said enough was enough, it was so packed!

To top it all off, I lost my credit card 💩

I did the self-check-out, which was a breeze, but as I grabbed my credit card from the reader I also pulled off the receipt from the printer and then placed the last bag of groceries into the cart ... I went to put the cards back in my wallet and I come up with just the stores "club card" in my hand, no AMEX!
💩🤬😲
I panicked!
I looked everywhere and could not find it, so I called my husband who was at home and told him what happened. He said that he would report it to the company and ask for a new card for me.
As I was loading the bags of groceries into the car, there was my credit card in the bottom of shopping cart!!!
PHEW!
I quickly called DH back in the nick of time, he said that we was on the AMEX website just about to hit enter 🤪

I looked everywhere and could not find it, so I called my husband who was at home and told him what happened. He said that he would report it to the company and ask for a new card for me.
As I was loading the bags of groceries into the car, there was my credit card in the bottom of shopping cart!!!
PHEW!

Been there and done that (not necessarily in quite the same way but very similarly).

Well, normally I do, but I forgot about it and committed to making a ham loaf, so that’s what I’m doing.

I went to three grocery stores today, so I’ve been inundated with Bengal cookies, cakes, meat-and-cheese platters, crackers, orange-colored dips, employees decked out in their jerseys and hats and all that, I’m kind of black-and-orange-welcome-to-the-jungle’d out. 🐯

I went to the same Walmart I posted the empty chicken section photo of the other day. It was about 2/3 full, including fresh chicken wings -- not a lot, but some.

CD

My plans were to take the MINI out for a good drive today. It hasn't been driven in close to a month. Dit it. Got home. Left a trail of coolant/anti-freeze on the driveway, and a nice puddle of it in the garage. :headshake:

That's the kind of stuff that happens when you don't drive a car enough. Especially older cars.

CD

My plans were to take the MINI out for a good drive today. It hasn't been driven in close to a month. Dit it. Got home. Left a trail of coolant/anti-freeze on the driveway, and a nice puddle of it in the garage. :headshake:

That's the kind of stuff that happens when you don't drive a car enough. Especially older cars.

CD
Here’s hoping Psychopoodle gave that a miss - dogs looooove antifreeze and it’s a killer. Kate got into some years ago, and with a lot of luck, a good emergency vet, and a dog too damn mean to die just then, she pulled through. That was a long couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom