Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I are moving my elderly mother to a Senior Living Community only a 30 minute drive away from our home, rather than 9 1/2 hours that she was in in California.
Mom has been here with us in our home for the past 6 months as we figured out what the next step would be, now it's happening and I'm so excited for her ... a brand new chapter in her life to explore.

My sister and I moved our parents into a Senior Living community in November. My mom is very happy there, but she is a much more social person than my dad. My dad likes the food in the dining room, and that's enough for him.

I hope your mom loves her new home.

CD

Well there are two things I don't understand about your post! What is a Stichies plushy and what is a menu hack?
Stitch is a popular Disney character (from Lilo & Stitch), some kind of little blue alien thingy. The McD’s Happy Meal (kids’ meal) always includes a toy of some sort, and for the time being, it’s one of six Stitch little plush dolls/stuffed toys.

Because every generation has to reinvent words and concepts that already exist and claim they originated it, what used to be called a special order or a customized order is now referred to as a menu hack. 🤷🏻

Some places have embraced it and suggest their own “hacks” (which to me means it’s not a hack at all, since it’s already on the menu). That particular one is the Land, Air, and Sea - burgers, a chicken patty, and a fish fillet.

Here’s the nutritional info (courtesy of McD’s):

Minus the fish, it’s called a Crunchy Cheeseburger, or some other such nonsense.

Stitch is a popular Disney character (from Lilo & Stitch), some kind of little blue alien thingy. The McD’s Happy Meal (kids’ meal) always includes a toy of some sort, and for the time being, it’s one of six Stitch little plush dolls/stuffed toys.

Because every generation has to reinvent words and concepts that already exist and claim they originated it, what used to be called a special order or a customized order is now referred to as a menu hack. 🤷🏻

Some places have embraced it and suggest their own “hacks” (which to me means it’s not a hack at all, since it’s already on the menu). That particular one is the Land, Air, and Sea - burgers, a chicken patty, and a fish fillet.

View attachment 80770
Minus the fish, it’s called a Crunchy Cheeseburger, or some other such nonsense.

Thanks for explaining.

Getting my hair cut later today, so I’m checking out a little early.

However, my replacement work laptop just arrived (we get a new one every two years), and due to Covid, I get to do the all-day refresh-and-transfer process myself. :(

Thanks for explaining.

Some chains have "secret" menu hacks. In-N-Out Burger is famous for them. They are not on the menu in the stores, but you can find them online.

I order my burger there "Animal Style." They cook the buger patty with mustard on it, and top the burger with grilled (sautéed) onions and their "secret sauce."

CD

I hope you have a decent length layover in Atlanta. That is one BIG airport. I hate changing planes in Atlanta. My gates are always about two miles apart.

CD
That's why they have a train. But I guess I am always lucky when I go through there and my connecting flight is often in the same terminal or an adjacent one.

Not planning on much today. Soup’s already made for tonight. I do have to go out for one thing the grocery stores we’re all out of yesterday. If it gets as warm as it’s supposed to today, I may go out and chill at the ice on the driveway.
Next Wednesday it's going to be a little over 50F (about 10-11C) here. YAY! That mound of snow should be nearly gone after that.

I stayed in my pajamas all day, drank tea, coffee, ate, showered, and put on fresh pajamas! Sourced and booked my hotel for next weeks travel day.

Watching the news about Russia's possible invasion of Ukraine, looks pretty scary. I feel really bad for the Ukrainians, how terrifying that must be for them.

Saturday here so shop day. Raining high of 18 deg c .

Russ
Ugh, I hate shopping on the weekend, the stores are too busy. If I do have to go to the store on a Saturday I make sure it's late afternoon. Everybody and their brothers and mothers seem to be in the stores earlier during the day around here.

Ugh, I hate shopping on the weekend, the stores are too busy. If I do have to go to the store on a Saturday I make sure it's late afternoon. Everybody and their brothers and mothers seem to be in the stores earlier during the day around here.

Wife works full time so that's the time that suits. Of course I have to drive her.
Supermarket wont be busy at midday.

Russ

View attachment 80770

2150mg of Sodium? :eek:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom