Not open for further replies.
Done today:
  • Grocery shopping
  • Cleaning toilets
  • Laundry
  • Resting
  • Studying
  • Feeding stepson
If I write 'grocery shopping' that also means I took a walk. I always walk to the nearest store and combine excercise with shopping that way. I guess my life sounds rather boring, as I rarely have something new to put in here! But it's fine for me. Most new or good things happen in weekends here.

I guess my life sounds rather boring, as I rarely have something new to put in here!
Well, my day so far has been:

Drink some coffee
Eat some cereal
Read forums
Water flowers
Laundry
Attend a couple of work meetings
Go to post office
Go to BK
Contemplate grocery store while at BK

That’s how exciting it gets around here!

Well, my day so far has been:

Drink some coffee
Eat some cereal
Read forums
Water flowers
Laundry
Attend a couple of work meetings
Go to post office
Go to BK
Contemplate grocery store while at BK

Glad we have that in common lol :laugh:

I guess my life sounds rather boring,

Believe me, its more boring here:

Up at 8 am
Went for very short walk with partner at 10 am. Both feet now hurting.
Read CookingBites
Attempted to remove fatty bits from a pig's kidney. Pig's kidneys are very slippery.
Made lunch for partner
Watched Food Network and then news
Ate a tomato sandwich whilst reading thriller
Watched quiz shows on TV
Made partner's dinner
Watched news

Today... (and some of weekend)

Chop wood for fire for 3 days
Bring fire wood in from woodshed
Shower
Drive to post office for passport photos and submit application for Aussie passport
Contemplate new electric radiator for study heating for hubby (doubles with heating bathroom before showering)
Buy new filters for Dyson air purifier (out of stock at Dyson online)
Price up new nebulizer that can also run off 12V supply (can't get new parts for old one! )
Fit windproofing to outside of bantams' chook house
Clean out bantam chook house (it's standing in water again)
Fit internal partition in bantams' chook house
Fit a dust bath area in bantams' chook house (bought a 55L flat plastic tray for this yesterday)
Plant broccoli seedlings
Scatter pellets of organic fertiliser on veg plot
Tidy up after storm over last 2 days
Hoover bedroom at the minimum, ideally whole house
Fathom out how I can actually get some washing dry because I've only 3 pairs of clean underwear left...
Top up food in main chook run
Book both vehicles into garage to get handbrakes adjusted

I worked locally, pretty leisurely day. Home by 5.

Cruisy morning then watch via flight radar wifes plane back from Auckland at 3.30. I'll pick her up. She has gifts for me from her conference. They have out gifts of gin and rum. I'll get towels I washed earlier dried before then.
I may have shrooms on toast for lunch??

Russ

We just lost power 30 minutes ago. Our well won't work, so no water and making dinner might be problematic. I have a gas stove but can't wash my hands or dishes. Might have to order pizza.

We just lost power 30 minutes ago. Our well won't work, so no water and making dinner might be problematic. I have a gas stove but can't wash my hands or dishes. Might have to order pizza.

We have never lost power or water or anything even during earthquakes here in 30 plus years. We put up both our kids during quakes for long periods of time. Do you keep water in storage for shortages?

Russ

We have never lost power or water or anything even during earthquakes here in 30 plus years. We put up both our kids during quakes for long periods of time. Do you keep water in storage for shortages?

Russ
Yeah, but it's drinking water, rather not waste it. With the toilets it's "if it's yellow it's mellow and if brown flush it down". It's late in the day for brown...so we're ok.

Unexpected cake baking. Shortly after the power came back on, I heard screaming outside. The dog across the street on our busy road had wandered out on the road and was hit by a car. The kids in their family of course were freaking out. I baked them a cake and took it over, but kids of course were traumitized. Yikes...I think my cake kinda sucked! Hope the kids like it and the parents appreciate the effort. Yes, the dog died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom