Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today... (and some of weekend)

Chop wood for fire for 3 days
Bring fire wood in from woodshed
Shower

Drive to post office for passport photos and submit application for Aussie passport
Contemplate new electric radiator for study heating for hubby (doubles with heating bathroom before showering)
Buy new filters for Dyson air purifier (out of stock at Dyson online)

Price up new nebulizer that can also run off 12V supply (can't get new parts for old one! )
Fit windproofing to outside of bantams' chook house
Clean out bantam chook house (it's standing in water again)
Fit internal partition in bantams' chook house
Fit a dust bath area in bantams' chook house (bought a 55L flat plastic tray for this yesterday)
Plant broccoli seedlings
Scatter pellets of organic fertiliser on veg plot
Tidy up after storm over last 2 days
Hoover bedroom at the minimum, ideally whole house
Fathom out how I can actually get some washing dry because I've only 3 pairs of clean underwear left...
Top up food in main chook run

Book both vehicles into garage to get handbrakes adjusted

seems most of what I need to finish off is chicken related...

Guess that's tomorrow job along with chop more wood and bring it in again...

Plans today are to make as many of my Jubilee-related recipes as possible for tomorrow’s tea.

I may also mow the lawn, even though it’s been less than a week since I last mowed it.

Lastly, I do have to work for about an hour tonight, starting at 10PM.

I may also mow the lawn, even though it’s been less than a week since I last mowed it.

Got the yard mowed, ready for afternoon tea tomorrow:

Hey! Get outta my yard!

Mine is underwater in parts yet again. More rain is also forecast. Even walking across it needs long gum boots at the moment (wellies). But I still need to get a whole host of jobs done outside which means turfing out one lot of chooks so I can work on their chook house For most of the morning. Unfortunately it happens to be raining and standing water isn't helping with my enthusiasm levels. Nor are the current temperatures... a wet 5°C with a wind chill of -5°C isn't appealing to me, lol. (The jobs are mostly no gloves jobs. ) I'll start with the wood. At least that way, I'll feel warm and get wet quickly. (We're doing the inside of a cloud act again just to make it feel even more miserable outside....) cold frosty sunny days without 100% humidity are so much nicer.

Plans today are to make as many of my Jubilee-related recipes as possible for tomorrow’s tea.

Lastly, I do have to work for about an hour tonight, starting at 10PM.
You do know she's not your Queen, there was a war about it and everything. :whistling:

That’s one thing I don’t miss about the UK - mowing my grass in the rain.
Lol. I'm at 890m altitude up a mountain on the Great Dividing Range in Australia... It's a particularly wet winter. We've had just over 2,100mm of rain since 1st January (my rain gauge didn't record all of it because spiders' webs were holding down the tipper inside for a while) and we've been spared the worst of the weather.
For exactly the same time period last year, we had 359.9mm of rain. So this year so far, we've had that amount of rain every single month and more. (2100÷360=5.8)

Last edited:
Today... (and some of weekend)

Chop wood for fire for 3 days
Bring fire wood in from woodshed
Shower

Drive to post office for passport photos and submit application for Aussie passport
Contemplate new electric radiator for study heating for hubby (doubles with heating bathroom before showering)
Buy new filters for Dyson air purifier (out of stock at Dyson online)
Price up new nebulizer that can also run off 12V supply (can't get new parts for old one! )
Fit windproofing to outside of bantams' chook house
Clean out bantam chook house (it's standing in water again)
Fit internal partition in bantams' chook house
Fit a dust bath area in bantams' chook house (bought a 55L flat plastic tray for this yesterday)

Plant broccoli seedlings
Scatter pellets of organic fertiliser on veg plot
Tidy up after storm over last 2 days
Hoover bedroom at the minimum, ideally whole house
Fathom out how I can actually get some washing dry because I've only 3 pairs of clean underwear left...
up food in main chook run
Book both vehicles into garage to get handbrakes adjusted
Left to do

• Drive to post office for passport photos and submit application for Aussie passport (Monday)
  • Book both vehicles into garage to get handbrakes adjusted (Monday)
  • Plant broccoli seedlings (they need to harden off first) (?)
Plus I need to cook tomorrow's evening meal tomorrow. Chickpeas are soaking at the moment.

I might have a quiet few days this week...

The bantams' chook house which is used by 2 bantams, 2 small chooks and 1 large chook who refuses to live in the main chook house. There are periods at present where they have to remain locked in (just when I'm out) so I've had to upgrade the storm proofing, replace all the sugar cane mulch (i run with a deep mulch system in both chook houses) and add in a dust bath area for then to keep clean.... photo was taken before cleaning out the deep mulch system.

There is a hidden area underneath the sleeping compartment where their dust bath is. It's also where they shelter from the storms. They'll be able to stand almost anywhere now and not get blown away or jet washed... it comes off easily (with the aid of a screwdriver and many screws (these have built-in washers) for easy removal when life gets too warm again. ) The chook house was a freebie that hasn't died a death yet! Lol. It also has a mesh floor so it is mouse proof which is really useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom