Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have taken my comments the wrong way. I'm sorry if that was the case. I hadn't meant to belittle the issues you are facing getting home. You just reminded me of when the drought broke here. That's all.

Hope you find yourself a decent, if expensive meal to enjoy.

No, no... you didn't offend me one bit. I have a keen sense of humor, and when we $#!T happens here, I look at it like, "Okay, what's next?" I also read your posts, and think how lucky I am. That's why I asked in another post whether you had been stuck by lightning.

We're good.

CD

Well, once again, my trials pale in comparisons to yours. Worst part of this for me is having to spend a day at an airport -- eating airport priced food. It has been good food, but expensive.

CD
Worst for me was getting stuck in my local airport overnight. Flight had cancelled around 11:30PM or so, and I’d gotten rebooked on a very early flight, like 5:30AM the next morning.

Hour’s drive each way to and from the house, and I knew I wouldn’t sleep anyway, so I just wandered around the airport for several hours. Hopefully you’re in the air soon.

No, no... you didn't offend me one bit. I have a keen sense of humor, and when we $#!T happens here, I look at it like, "Okay, what's next?" I also read your posts, and think how lucky I am. That's why I asked in another post whether you had been stuck by lightning.

We're good.

CD
It should come as no surprise that that is far from the worst that has happened...

Example 1, 3hr maths exam at university, 2nd paper of 2. 15 minutes before the end an evacuation alarm goes off. We're all held in one area until the fire brigade indicate that standing by the building with the bomb on it isn't the best idea.. we're sent home. Every single person signed the plea not to have to repeat a 3hr exam paper for the sake of 15 minutes. We ended up resitting it. (IRA bomb defused).

Example 2. Driving up from south of England to help out at family home. Brother leaving university in North of England.. opposites sides of the country. We slept overnight at my parents and went via Manchester City Center to the M&S store in the Arndale center before driving up to pick up my brother and his luggage from university. There was too much to fit him in the vehicle as well, so we put him on a coach bound for Manchester City Center, exactly where we had been... We lost him for many many hours due to the bomb that did go off... we'd been outside that building just an hour before.

I could continue, being on the last ferry out across the North Sea on one occasion, last one for 2 weeks because of storms... even the top deck that is shielded all of the way around was closed because waves were that bad. Luckily I'm fine as a sailor. All our family except ex-step father are. Many onboard were not.

Cycling under high voltage per cables as lightning strikes less than 50m away.

Snowed in for weeks on end as a kid on central Scotland. Cars just disappeared. Fantastic as a kid. We dug a network of tunnels child height from the back door to initially the pond (not intended but outs what we found first in the way of landmarks) and then the wood shed and finally the bins. We needed wood to stay warm. Supplies were being dropped by helicopter after the first week. Needless to say we didn't make it to school for a while... lol

We're good.

CD
Did I mention the time hubby and I were rescued off a train by the fire brigade wearing life jackets in a life boat?

caseydog - did you make it home ok?

Yes, well stressed out, but okay.

I took a Southwest fight to Dallas after my second AA flight got cancelled. I call Southwest Airlines Greyhound busses with wings. They board cattle car style. No reserved seats -- every passenger for themself. I paid 15 bucks extra to get in the first boarding group and grab a front-row seat.

The flight gets to Dallas Love Field a little early, but our gate had a plane in it. Another 20 minute wait.

My friend picks me up at Love Field, and takes me to DFW Airport to pick up my car. No problems there. but, leaving the airport, there are about twenty lanes to pay for your parking. If you have a Tolltag, you can use it to pay in any lane, but there are three dedicated "Tolltag Only" lanes, marked with giant lighted yellow signs. I am heading for one of those lanes, and some guy changes three lanes to get into the lane I was aiming for. I guessed he thought he had to be in a "Tolltag Only" lane to pay with his Tolltag. No big deal... so I thought.

Pinhead gets to gate, opens his car window, and proceeds to try to pay with a paper ticket and credit card. :facepalm:

After a minute, I rolled down my window, and yelled up to him, "Do you have a Tolltag?" He replies, "I have a ticket." So I tell the moron he's in a Tolltag Only lane. He replies, "No, I have a ticket," which he is still trying to insert into something.

Since it was around midnight, there wasn't much traffic, and no one behind me. I was able to back out of that lane, and move one lane over and get out, while Mr. 💩 for brains is still trying to shove his ticket into every orifice he could find (I wanted to suggest another orifice for him to try, but he probably couldn't find that one with both hands and a flashlight.

I got home at about 1AM (ish), and went straight to bed.

CD

I took a Southwest fight to Dallas after my second AA flight got cancelled. I call Southwest Airlines Greyhound busses with wings.
Yeah, they’re one of a handful of airlines I won’t fly (I just had an argument with MrsT about that).

What I don’t get is that Southwest has a near-cult following with some travelers. I hate flying them.

Hey…those fry pies I posted the other day were from Lehman’s in Kidron!
I was passing through (working) and didn't stop to shop. I thought about it. I passed right by Lehman's.

Now I'm in New Philadelphia. I just passed by your one and only favorite seafood restaurant.

I was passing through (working) and didn't stop to shop. I thought about it. I passed right by Lehman's.

Now I'm in New Philadelphia. I just passed by your one and only favorite seafood restaurant.
View attachment 89490
When we picked up our rescue dog just outside Canton, way back in 2004, we stayed at a hotel in New Philly.

One of our favorite wineries is right down the road - Breitenbach, in Sugarcreek. They have a big Swiss festival in Sugarcreek every year, too.

Watching eli again until daughter picks him up at 1 today. Heading out to pick up beef for massamon curry tomorrow then pub at 2.30 with a few mates. Gambling is in the cards. Pick up a burger on the way home.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom