Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug:maybe I expect too much of others, my memory is photographic so it's not entirely fair :wink:
I wasnā€™t really exaggerating, either. I bought some heavy cream at a Kroger two days ago, and today, someone asked me where they could find it, because itā€™s getting hard to find, and all I could say was, ā€œI got it at a Krogerā€¦somewhereā€¦maybe Centervilleā€¦or Ketteringā€¦or the one on Wilmington Pikeā€¦?ā€

No one beats me... I have twice talked to people I know thinking I was talking to somebody else šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø both times I was extremely tired.

I've always had a memory like a sieve. My favorite is the many times I've gone to the bank to deposit checks, and when I arrive at the bank, I realize that I've left the checks at home. :facepalm:

CD

I've always had a memory like a sieve. My favorite is the many times I've gone to the bank to deposit checks, and when I arrive at the bank, I realize that I've left the checks at home. :facepalm:

CD
How about today? Iā€™d gone to Kroger, specifically to look for one thing, some particular Christmas cards that Iā€™d seen at another Kroger.

Ambling through, I bought some tea because it was on sale (though they didnā€™t have the cards), and left the store.

I was thinking what I could do with the last of the beef burgundy, which just has little bits of meat in it at this point, so itā€™s basically a gravy, and since weā€™ve been talking about french fries and gravy, I decided on that.

I knew we didnā€™t have proper french fry potatoes, so I planned on stopping at ALDI on the way home for those.

Stopped at ALDI, looked at the potatoes, noticed a couple of other things (mushrooms, avocado, cucumber), so I went back out to the car, grabbed a bag (ALDI doesnā€™t provide bags for those who donā€™t know that), walked back in, grabbed the cuke, the mushrooms, the avocado, then noticed they had cranberry cider, grabbed that, then got distracted by their Christmas stuff, finally got in line, paid, walked out to the car, and before I went 10 steps, I said ā€œšŸ¤¬ - I forgot the potatoes!ā€ :laugh:

Sometimes, despite all the planning and thinking, you just forget.
I used to do small dinners for the ChargĆ© dĀ“Affaires in the Canadian Embassy in Caracas. He just loved his curries. I had a checklist of everything I had to take, went through it, put everything in the car, and zoomed off to his apartment.
Halfway there, I thought " Did I put the samosas in the car???". Pulled into a layby - no samosas.

:hug:maybe I expect too much of others, my memory is photographic so it's not entirely fair :wink:
I'm the same. I find I have to take a breath and remember that not everyone is/has that ability, especially when talking to my mother who is showing all the signs of dementia/Alzheimer's but then she's been like that for 30 years or more. Can't remember what she told you 5 minutes ago but distinctly remembers her nursing years etc...

At school or uni, I just had to write it down and I'd remember it. Work was similar. Books or magazines, I can't tell you how many lines down or words into the line a particular 'thing was, but I can tell you the impression the page gave (so the shape of the words &/or pictures), where roughly on the page and line the 'thing' was, so just below half way down on the left hand page, left, middle or right of the line, for example. 3rd or 4th paragraph down, etc. I can easily scan through pages looking for the impression that page gave me to look something up.

Drives people mad, so I don't often let on but it does come in handy. If I've every traveled a road, even as a passenger, i know that road and can tell you anything you want to know about it, but I can't navigate through a city for the life of me. Put me in wilderness and I'm spot on for navigation even in whiteout conditions, but I can't cross the road in London! Lol.

But at the same time, I can't read fast and I do have to read each word. I can't scan read like my husband. He reads at twice my speed but doesn't remember! Lol....

At school or uni, I just had to write it down and I'd remember it. Work was similar.
Thatā€™s how I was until about 40yo, then it rapidly declined.

Believe me, I used to have a very superior attitude about it. I knew I had a far better memory than most people, and if a coworker or a family member forgot something, Iā€™d let them know right now just howā€¦well, weā€™ll say ā€œslow-wittedā€ they were and leave it at that.

My dad always had a saying, ā€œForgetfulness is another work for irresponsibility,ā€ and I think I really took that to heart for a lot of years.

Iā€™m paying for it now. :laugh:

The funny thing is, my mind still works very quickly, Iā€™m usually mentally ā€œaheadā€ of most people I talk to IRL, but the memory cells have just about disappeared, it seems.

Thatā€™s how I was until about 40yo, then it rapidly declined.
I'm still waiting... It's annoying because I know I've told or heard etc but hubby's from a family with hearing issues (let's just leave it at that) and my hearing is very sensitive but I hear background noise better than I hear the person standing next to me. It's always been that way.

But I have the issue of the dyslexia. And that's caused issues all my life. I had 5 years of extra lesson in English language and English literature to get my GCSEs. I passed the language with flying colours only because in the final term of my final year studying it did it suddenly click (but only because I was shown a paper that someone else had written and been told to copy that style). I went from failing (in my school a scraping through was a grade C (on an A to E scale, there are higher grades introduced after I left) to the highest grade in the space of 2 weeks. My school applied for me to have extended time to submit my essay papers so i could rewrite them all (literally the highest mark I had was a 19/40 prior to that. After rewriting them all, the lowest mark I had was 36/40... just because I didn't understand the style required!

But as with all children, it had to be a subject I was interested in... :rolleyes: English wasn't a subject I was integrated in!

Right, back to my plans for today, which involve completing/finishing the shading over the veg plot and fully enclosing it so that the native wildlife don't eat or destroy my veg before I get to it. Currently having 'fun' with 7m lengths of 1Ā½inch rural water pipes and long lengths of shading material.

Oh if you could only see what predictive text changed that to! :eek:

I'm glad you don't hold it against us. :wink:

CD
Thatā€™s why I said ā€œIRLā€ - I just meant that I can nearly always anticipate what a person is about to say, finish their sentences for them, that kind of thing, and in my mind, Iā€™ve already moved on to the next thing or the thing after that.

Relevant to plans for today in that I didn't.
Spent the day in the garden constructing the equivalent of a homemade poly tunnel only of shade cloth and bird netting to stop the native wildlife from eating everything possible (even my leeks and garlic! )... so that is the sun cream +50 factor stuff because it was an average of UV 8 all day with peaks at UV12 ( 9:30am through to 5pm was UV 9 until the weather station goes into shade (a great way of knowing what time it is)...

Then because we've had new chooks and because it has been so very wet and some of our chooks are overpreening, we had to dust each one down with insecticide powder. This needs P3 masks, so they know trouble is coming. The older girls don't fight, the younger ones haven't yet learnt it hastens so much faster if you don't fight... and you don't itch afterwards, no-one fires humans included!

So sun block cream and insecticide powder means one thing... SHOWER. It is now surely raining outside again! Lol

Letā€™s seeā€¦going to get ingredients for some chili recipes today, will probably get MrsTā€™s certificate showing that sheā€™s now the proud adopted momma to a Tower of London stoneā€¦thatā€™s three gifts bought for her so far.

I do have to work tonight for about an hour.

So sun block cream and insecticide powder means one thing... SHOWER. It is now surely raining outside again! Lol

It did slightly more than rain. We had a massive thunderstorm that woke me from a deep sleep (99.99% no thunder though) just by the intensity of the lightning. I heard maybe 5 rumbles of thunder in the 2Ā½hrs it kept me awake. It's the kind that of lightning intensity that hurts your eyes even when your eyes are closed. It didn't rain for us (0.7mm of rain) but for the folks stuck under it for its entirely, they got hammered. It's all going to drain into the river system that's currently flooding inland NSW and Victoria, causing widespread devastation yet again.

We're due more today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom