Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning on just poking around the house. Really going to try and get a potato dish done.

Planning on just poking around the house. Really going to try and get a potato dish done.

I've given up! I had a lovely potato dish ready to photograph for the current recipe challenge. It was on the kitchen counter. I was waiting for the right natural light. Good! The light was perfect, I thought. So I danced into the kitchen with phone camera in hand ready to snap a perfect picture or two. And there it was - gone! My partner had secretly scoffed it. All that was left was an empty plate with a sad wisp of cling film adhering to it. He had managed to do this whilst ostensibly going for 'a little wee' in the downstairs toilet, which is off the kitchen.

For those that don't know, he has dementia. But as far as I'm concerned that's no excuse!

I've given up! I had a lovely potato dish ready to photograph for the current recipe challenge. It was on the kitchen counter. I was waiting for the right natural light. Good! The light was perfect, I thought. So I danced into the kitchen with phone camera in hand ready to snap a perfect picture or two. And there it was - gone! My partner had secretly scoffed it. All that was left was an empty plate with a sad wisp of cling film adhering to it. He had managed to do this whilst ostensibly going for 'a little wee' in the downstairs toilet, which is off the kitchen.

For those that don't know, he has dementia. But as far as I'm concerned that's no excuse!
I’m sorry for the loss, I’ll bet it was wonderful, but that did give me a laugh. I’m glad he got so much enjoyment from it, it must have been grand!

“Where are you going, luv?”
“For a wee…”
<five minutes later>
“My dish! It’s gone!”
“…bit o’ these potatoes. You didn’t let me finish.”

I’m sorry for the loss, I’ll bet it was wonderful, but that did give me a laugh. I’m glad he got so much enjoyment from it, it must have been grand!

“Where are you going, luv?”
“For a wee…”
<five minutes later>
“My dish! It’s gone!”
“…bit o’ these potatoes. You didn’t let me finish.”

Yeah, I suppose he enjoyed it - but he ate it all in the loo! He ended up with egg on toast for lunch.

Today I ended up at the clinic. Slipped on the back deck last week, landed on my knees, then 2 days later, the left knee swelled up like a balloon. I hobbled about all weekend but decided I just had to get an expert opinion today. SEEMS like there´s no break, no rupture, no sprain, strain or other trauma, except for a ginormously gigantic bruise all the way around the kneecap.

Today I ended up at the clinic. Slipped on the back deck last week, landed on my knees, then 2 days later, the left knee swelled up like a balloon. I hobbled about all weekend but decided I just had to get an expert opinion today. SEEMS like there´s no break, no rupture, no sprain, strain or other trauma, except for a ginormously gigantic bruise all the way around the kneecap.
Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Hope you feel better soon! :hug:
Thanks!
The issue is that, when the leg is straight, and not moving about, it doesn´t hurt. As soon as I stand on it, bend it, move it, even breathe on it, it bothers me!! It´s also frustrating because I love to walk, but really cant right now, so the dog stays at home and the supermarket ( about 1 km away ) is out of bounds.

Off to Huddersfield to talk about coil winding machines, particularly those with automatic tensioners and insulation wrapping spools.
Now, with yer standard coil winding machines, it’s all about the coil. That’s where you really have to focus.

However, once you get into the automatic tensioners, then it’s a whole new game, especially those with insulation wrapping spools. In that case, you’ve got to keep that coil in mind, certainly, but the spool…you better have your spool strategy really worked out. That’s a game-changer there. Get your spool crossed up against your coil, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Now, with yer standard coil winding machines, it’s all about the coil. That’s where you really have to focus.

However, once you get into the automatic tensioners, then it’s a whole new game, especially those with insulation wrapping spools. In that case, you’ve got to keep that coil in mind, certainly, but the spool…you better have your spool strategy really worked out. That’s a game-changer there. Get your spool crossed up against your coil, you’re gonna have a bad time.
Why Oh Why won't anybody think about the edge packing, it's always left to suffer.

Thanks!
The issue is that, when the leg is straight, and not moving about, it doesn´t hurt. As soon as I stand on it, bend it, move it, even breathe on it, it bothers me!! It´s also frustrating because I love to walk, but really cant right now, so the dog stays at home and the supermarket ( about 1 km away ) is out of bounds.

I had a somewhat similar thing last year. I tripped in the house and fell sideways onto my right lower leg. The knee and lower leg swelled up and I could barely walk, although it was fine if I was simply sitting or lying down. I was convinced I'd broken a bone and went to A&E but X-rays showed nothing at all. It took about three weeks to get better. Ice packs can help.

I had a somewhat similar thing last year. I tripped in the house and fell sideways onto my right lower leg. The knee and lower leg swelled up and I could barely walk, although it was fine if I was simply sitting or lying down. I was convinced I'd broken a bone and went to A&E but X-rays showed nothing at all. It took about three weeks to get better. Ice packs can help.

Ice packs work at first, to keep swelling and inflammation down. Then switch to heat.

The other thing is to make yourself get up and walk around. Don't overdo it, but move around enough to keep the leg working. If you don't use the leg, it will take longer to heal. That is the advice I was given the many times I did something to hurt myself. :facepalm:

CD

I was convinced I'd broken a bone and went to A&E but X-rays showed nothing at all. It took about three weeks to get better. Ice packs can help.
Yep, that´s what I thought, but the X rays said otherwise, thank goodness!!
Ice packs work at first, to keep swelling and inflammation down. Then switch to heat.

The other thing is to make yourself get up and walk around.
I´ve been putting icepacks on all day long today, and they´ve definitely made a difference. I´ve also been wobbling around, simply because I´ve never been one of those blokes who can sit still for more than 20 minutes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom